Called to Serve - Osorno, Chile

Elder Keenan Robertson is serving in the Osorno Chile Mission as a full time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Elder Robertson left on July 16, 2013 and will return sometime around July of 2015. Missionaries have a limited time to respond to all the E-mails and letters they receive so we will include here some of his letters home so that friends and family can keep up to date on how things are going for him and his ministry among the wonderful people of Chile.

Friday, August 1, 2014

July 5th, 2014

Well not much happened this week. Franke is a hard sector but I'm learning lots.  We had four family nights planned for this week with members.  They were going to invite someone and we were going to bring someone too.  But in all 4, all the investigators canceled! But we had some really cool family nights with the members so that was good. 

I fell again this week. haha.  My shoes don't have any grip and so if it's a slippery surface and it's wet... I fall. :) We were walking on a crosswalk and it was raining and as soon as i put my foot on one of the lines -Bye- haha it was funny.  We chopped lots of wood this week so that was good!  I like chopping wood!  We have started to play rugby on p-days in the stake center here so that has been really fun. 

We met president Obeso last week he is super awesome!!!  He is really cool.  He will probably let us play soccer!  He is going to be a really good president!  He is really loving and awesome!  I'm excited! 

This is a picture of me before the last game of Chile in the World Cup!  And a picture of the zone with presidente Obeso.  His wife is really cool too! 



The weather here is pretty cold and rainy.  There has been one day of sun in my time here!!!  I really like that there are so many people in the streets!  And I love our mamita!  She makes the best food in the world!  It is so good!  I'm sad I have to wait until Monday to eat over there! 

That's awesome that the Stadium of Fire was good!  And Dallin got a job! 

Sorry there isn't more, not much happened this week! haha hopefully this week is better!! :) 

Love,
Elder Robertson 


This is our house! It's awesome!  It's so big, I need to take more pictures.  
Our address is Los Leones 153



 
Just chopping wood!  It's crazy how much more I'm on the phone now!!!! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment