Called to Serve - Osorno, Chile

Elder Keenan Robertson is serving in the Osorno Chile Mission as a full time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Elder Robertson left on July 16, 2013 and will return sometime around July of 2015. Missionaries have a limited time to respond to all the E-mails and letters they receive so we will include here some of his letters home so that friends and family can keep up to date on how things are going for him and his ministry among the wonderful people of Chile.

Friday, August 1, 2014

July 26th, 2014

Ellie, It's against the rules to get hurt! :) REPENT, haha, just kidding hope everything is better now.  Hopefully it scars! :)  I have some good scars to show everyone when I get back!  Sounds like young women's camp was awesome!  The spirit is awesome hopefully I have the chance one day.

Thats super cool you and dallin spent some time together!  That's something I miss, I wish we could have done it more.

I'm here to work my guts out.  This last week has been really good.  We worked really hard and started to see blessings right away.

I had a cool Spiritual experience this week.  We were walking and I had a really strong impression to go back the way we came, so we did.  We were walking and we saw a man sitting on the side of the road and so we went over to see what was up and when we got closer we realized his face was covered in blood!  It was crazy. We started talking to him and he was super super drunk!  I think someone had hit him in the head above his right eye!  So we called the ambulance and they came and cleaned his face a little bit.  He didn't want to go to the hospital.  The paramedicas asked us if we could take him home so we did.  It was pretty funny, he was super drunk!  But we helped him and got him home.  And we have his address so we are going to stop by his house one of these days! 

This week has been really good!  A missionary got home last night from his mission to Brasil!  We got to meet him today!  This week for our district meeting I was thinking on what we could talk about and decided we could talk about Preach My Gospel and how we can use it better.  It turned out super-awesome!  And so this week I have focused my studies around Preach My Gospel and it has been super-good.  I wish I would have studied more before the mission, it has everything you need to be a good missionary. 

We were chopping wood this week and a log broke weird and nailed me in the ankle!  It hurt so bad I had hot and cold flashes and almost passed out I think! Haha, but the pain went away and now I'm better!  The weather has been pretty cold and rainy.  I bought a hat!  Haha, I was so mad I lost the other one, I'm still looking for it, I think it will show up eventually.

We didn't do anything fun for p-day today.  We played a little volleyball but that's it.

I'm excited to see what this next week brings.  I've truly learned the importance of hard work on the mission.  I love being on a mission and never thought I'd learn so much.  I can truly say I have a testimony of Jesus Christ and his atonement.  I know this is His church. :)  Love you guys a ton!

Elder Robertson


Oh yea, I forgot to tell you guys!  We had a small baptism last week.  Her name is Estrella.  The hermano that baptised her is from the ward.

No comments:

Post a Comment