Called to Serve - Osorno, Chile

Elder Keenan Robertson is serving in the Osorno Chile Mission as a full time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Elder Robertson left on July 16, 2013 and will return sometime around July of 2015. Missionaries have a limited time to respond to all the E-mails and letters they receive so we will include here some of his letters home so that friends and family can keep up to date on how things are going for him and his ministry among the wonderful people of Chile.

Saturday, August 9, 2014

August 9th, 2014

Haha, in mission language I'm a dad now.  A mom is an elder's second companion.  Training has been super fun so far.  It's great because all the new missionaries are super excited.  So all I have to do is keep him excited.  It's a really big responsibility!  haha, I'm scared if I do anything wrong, no matter how small, Pres. Obeso is going to come get me! haha 

The rain let up a little bit.  The river that runs through Osorno about doubled in size it was probably inches from spilling out but there was a break in the rain and it went back down a little.  But it's raining again!  We have been working really hard in our house to clean it really good.  It's been treated really badly.  But we are starting to make a difference. 

We met this guy this week.  He wants to get baptized so I'm excited to see what happens. We have been contacting like crazy.  We don't have very many to teach and so we are almost 100% focused on finding people.  Since Elder Marshall is in training, we have a lot more study time so that has been really good. It's funny because I think I'm learning more than him.  We have a small sector but we will do good.  I'm excited!

Congrats on 21 years!  Feel old yet ;) haha that was mean, I'm sorry :) Sounds like you guys had a blast!  It's so cool.  You are the best parents in the world!

That's so awesome grandma and aunt Carla are there; I bet you guys are having a blast!  Tell them hi for me! And thanks for the emails I won't have time to email them.  I like Aunt Carla's idea of a family reunion after. 

I'm doing really good, I think all my health issues were just from stress.  Haha, I've been working really hard to keep stress down and I feel a lot better. 

We still eat with mamita.  Her family is awesome.

Thursday night was funny.  Elder Marshall got up at one to use the bathroom and I woke up at the same time thinking it was morning so I started to pray! haha, He just told me it was one and I rolled over and went back to sleep.  I don't remember any of it very well, I was so out of it. 

Thanks for your emails and everything you do! Love you tons! 

Elder Robertson 

No comments:

Post a Comment