Called to Serve - Osorno, Chile

Elder Keenan Robertson is serving in the Osorno Chile Mission as a full time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Elder Robertson left on July 16, 2013 and will return sometime around July of 2015. Missionaries have a limited time to respond to all the E-mails and letters they receive so we will include here some of his letters home so that friends and family can keep up to date on how things are going for him and his ministry among the wonderful people of Chile.

Friday, August 1, 2014

July 12th, 2014

Sounds like your trip was awesome!!!!  That's cool you went to so many temples!  I miss the temple a lot.  I'm going to go to the temple every single week of my life as long as I can!  Temples are awesome.  I can't remember who, but an apostle or prophet said that every temple weakens satan's power in the earth.

This week was really good!  I was worried today because I got on the email and I didn't have your emails. Usually we print the emails off in the morning.  But I have them now so it's all good.  Today was cool, I did my first baptism interview!  It was a neat experience.  The Zone leaders are awesome elders!  We have interviews with presidente this week so that should be really good!  Presidente Obeso is super awesome! 

We worked really hard this week so that was good.  We found some good people and one of our investigators, se llama Andres, got a job! Yay!  That should be really good!  His baptism date is the end of August. 

I got papa's letter the other day!  That was really neat!  I didn't really know papa like that!  Nana's package got here!  I just need to go to the office to pick it up!  It's so nice being here in Osorno!  It was funny, everybody was asking me why in the world I got a package from Scotland! haha 

This week was super good but I got sick! Haha, I think I have the flu!  My body hurts and my throat hurts.  This morning I couldn't even talk!  But I'm starting to feel better!  I'm going to end p-day with a nice nap! 

The new president said if our houses are clean we can play soccer!  I'm excited for that.  I'm sure we will be able to play until some dumb elder gets hurt! :)  Things are really good here, Elder Montiel is a good elder!  We are working really hard! 

We saw the end of the game of Germany and Brasil!  Funniest thing ever!  The final is this Sunday! Germany vs. Argentina!  I can't wait until it's over!  People are insanely obsessed with soccer here!  

Mamita cooks the best food!  It's like a little bit of everything!  And we get dessert!  For the most part I'm staying pretty healthy! :)  With all the wood we chop I'm staying super fit!  I love chopping wood, haha, it's weird but it's fun!

I think that is everything, I'm sure I'm forgetting something because I usually always do!  Thanks for everything, you guys are the best family ever!  I didn't take any photos this week so I will do better! :)

Love,
Elder Robertson 

No comments:

Post a Comment