Called to Serve - Osorno, Chile

Elder Keenan Robertson is serving in the Osorno Chile Mission as a full time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Elder Robertson left on July 16, 2013 and will return sometime around July of 2015. Missionaries have a limited time to respond to all the E-mails and letters they receive so we will include here some of his letters home so that friends and family can keep up to date on how things are going for him and his ministry among the wonderful people of Chile.

Saturday, August 2, 2014

August 2, 2014

Well we had cambios! Haha, I'm training!  His name is elder Marshall from Orem, Utah!  He is awesome!  A super cool elder!  He kinda talks Spanish so that's been good!  He got here Wednesday and elder Montiel left yesterday so we had a trio for a little bit!  It was cool.





This week has been good!  I'm training now so that's crazy!  It's been fun so far.  With the cambios, my district was changed.  I still have the zone leaders and now I have the two office elders and hermanas.  The hermanas in my district are in a trio.  So it should be interesting! 

This week has been rain filled.  Things are starting to flood but I don't think it will be too bad.  The rain should be stopping soon.  There is a big river in Osorno and it has at least doubled in size!  It's crazy. 

It's cool to see all the changes that are happening in the mission.  It's not things really big but a lot of small changes that are all really cool.  Presidente is awesome! 

Thanks for the pictures dad, it looks a lot like here.  The only difference is it doesn't change here in Osorno. :)  In Utah it's a downpour for two hours but here it's a downpour for days!  It's crazy, today was the first time we saw the sun this week.  Something funny Elder Marshall said when he first got here was, "Wow, we need to take half of this water back to Utah!"  I thought it was funny! 

Dad, I read the part of your email about you and mom feeling old so I wanted to make an old joke but I didn`t! :) haha  I didn't because I realized, wow, I'm getting old! :) 

Well shoot, this email kinda sucks! haha I don't know what to write!  We are working super hard, it's awesome! I'm just tired all the time! haha It's crazy how good I sleep at night. :)

I think that is all for tonight........ I meant now :) haha we are going home to clean and then I am going to take a nap! :)

Love you guys so much! 

Love,
Elder Robertson


This was our last lunch with mamita! it was lasagna. it was really good. :)



The first one we were ready for but the second one I didn't know they were taking a picture again! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment