Called to Serve - Osorno, Chile

Elder Keenan Robertson is serving in the Osorno Chile Mission as a full time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Elder Robertson left on July 16, 2013 and will return sometime around July of 2015. Missionaries have a limited time to respond to all the E-mails and letters they receive so we will include here some of his letters home so that friends and family can keep up to date on how things are going for him and his ministry among the wonderful people of Chile.

Monday, January 27, 2014

January 27, 2014

Glad everything is going good.  President Rappleye comes down here every cambio.  It’s interviews and conferences, it switches every cambio.  Feb. 16 Elder Ballard is coming!!!!!  But not to Punta Arenas, I’ll just get to see him on television.  Kinda a bummer, but oh well.  One of our investigators just got mad because we were talking about marriage and he works a ton so we didn't get the chance to teach him this week.  ________ and her son are good and they came to church this week!  That was good.  Just got to work with them towards baptism.  It’s crazy to think the cambio is over in two weeks!  Time has been going by a lot more rápido!  (“Cambios” refers to transfers, when some missionaries are moved to new areas, happens every 6 weeks).

That will be so cool [that you are going to trek]!  Trek is awesome!  That’s really cool you’re going to do it mom!  Just make sure you get used to walking.  The second day is really, really hard but I know you guys can do it!  The bishop’s wife does our laundry every p-day, so that’s nice.

I’m not sure about Torres del Paine, I’m pretty sure this mission is one of the lowest missions in the world for baptisms, so we will see if we get a trip.  I hope so!

That’s a good idea about starting fresh.  It’s been really good, so far I haven´t had a bad day yet!  I love it so much.

I've worked a lot on Spanish and it’s been great.  I’m working on subjunctive and that is ridiculous!  But it’s good.

We found a lot of really cool people this week so I’m hoping that they will all work out.  Things are good here, they might split my sector this next cambio so there would be two more elders in our house.
There is a guy in my ward that had a super bad stroke on the 31st of December and he can barely walk, but he went to church this Sunday!  I sure wish all the people that are menos activa could see him and the example he sets, it was the coolest thing ever!

I’ll probably have to buy shoes in a little bit but I think I might have a month or two. This week was really good. I’m tired!  This next week will be super awesome I love you guys a ton and you are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck with everything and how is your health dad? Better?

Les Quiero Mucho!

Nos Vemos Elder Robertson

 I Found It!!!!!!!!!!!


 This is my favorite mini market bread store thing its awesome!!!!!! SO GOOD!


 Cows


 This tree was awesome!  Ha-ha the wind this week has been crazy!


Last night's dinner.


Elder Mcdonald

No comments:

Post a Comment