Called to Serve - Osorno, Chile

Elder Keenan Robertson is serving in the Osorno Chile Mission as a full time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Elder Robertson left on July 16, 2013 and will return sometime around July of 2015. Missionaries have a limited time to respond to all the E-mails and letters they receive so we will include here some of his letters home so that friends and family can keep up to date on how things are going for him and his ministry among the wonderful people of Chile.

Sunday, January 5, 2014

December 23, 2013

This week has been great!  One of the Seventy came and we had a conference with him. All he did was give us palos about not having baptisms.   We are going to try and work with our ward a lot because all we have is a bishop, a first counselor, a young mens president, a relief society president, and a mission leader, that's it. We need some callings!  It's crazy, I can't believe the ward functions!  Wow, I am frustrated, ha-ha oh, everything will work out.

We had our ward Christmas party Saturday, that was really fun.  We had an investigator and tons of menos activas.  I'm super excited to Skype!!!!!  It's going to be tomorrow about 4 or 5 my time.  Not sure what time it is there.  We are going to use a member's computer in our chapel.  I think it has good internet so hopefully it works well.  We have 45 minutes!  I'm really excited.  If you guys want, you could write out questions or you don't have to write them just in your head.  But things you want to talk about so we have things to talk about!  I'm super excited!!!!  We can call for 5 minutes if it doesn`t work out to situate it but we can't talk if it doesn`t work.  Just have to do it another day if it doesn`t work out.  Mañana a las 4 o 5 in la tarde para Skype!!!!

This week was a lot of walking!!!!  Tons and tons of walking!  We had some pretty good lessons.  I had another inter-cambio con Elder Dower.  He is from my group in the MTC.  He is way cool.  It was really good for me cause I was forced to do almost all the talking.  Spanish is good, I'm working crazy on vocabulary.  It's so hard because I can't remember anything. haha Bakàn!!!  I love getting letters, it's cool!  I think it takes about a month for letters to make it down this far.
\
The weather has been really nice this week i've just worn a long sleeve shirt a couple times.  For p-day we usually clean after studies and then email.  After that, we shop and buy food.  The past few weeks we have gotten together with the other elders and played ping-pong and basketball.  Today we are playing ping-pong again.  I love ping-pong so much!

I've had a lot of really cool realization moments (I think he means "Enlightenment") where I learn a lot in a cita (appointment) or when Seventys are angry.  I have learned so much through the spirit this week and the past couple of weeks, it's cool to be led by the spirit and have opportunities just pop up.  The food is pretty similar to Valdivia, a lot less beans and potatoes here but more chicken.  THANKS FOR THE ONERA tambiem (also) it's so good, I put it on everything, FLAVOR!!!!  It's awesome, I think Punta Arenas is pretty modern, it has its nice parts and its not so nice parts.  I've figured out what a developing country really means.  It means people can live like Americans if you have bucketloads of money... so nobody does.  It's strange, the houses are either giant mansions or slums.

No comments:

Post a Comment