Called to Serve - Osorno, Chile

Elder Keenan Robertson is serving in the Osorno Chile Mission as a full time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Elder Robertson left on July 16, 2013 and will return sometime around July of 2015. Missionaries have a limited time to respond to all the E-mails and letters they receive so we will include here some of his letters home so that friends and family can keep up to date on how things are going for him and his ministry among the wonderful people of Chile.

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

January 20, 2014

This week has been good.  The beginning of the week was awesome and we taught a lot!  I had my interview with the mission president, that was good.  He is cool and super in-tune with the spirit, it's awesome. 

So funny story about _________ and _________.  We saw ___________ in the calle(street) the other day and talked to him a little bit and he really wanted us to come over.  So we set up a visita and we went by.  It was cool, him and his mom told us how something was missing in their lives the week we didn't pass by and he told us he got an answer about the church and it was super awesome.  So we have a visita with them today and I hope everything is good.  I think he will get baptized the in February!  That was really cool.  He is 17 and he is really gangster, it's kinda funny.  But he is really wanting to change his life for the better.  He said one day when he was praying it was like a mountain was dropped on him!  So now we are just preparing for baptism!  He is awesome.

_________ is his mom.  They live alone but sometimes there is another one of her kids there.  She is awesome, just not looking as hard as her son.  I think once he is baptised she will follow. 

We passed by another investigator a ton this week but never could find him home.  He is awesome and if he was married he would be baptised.  But his girlfriend doesn't want marriage.  I hope we can teach him this week he is awesome!  He is 25 and they have 3 kids.  The youngest has a lot of health and mental problems but they are all awesome!  He was a gangster but now he is pretty much a saint!  It was really cool watching him turn his life around. 

Those are the people that we work a lot with, we have lots of other people but none as serious as them.  I was kinda bummed, we had a bunch of people committed to church but none came, I'm bummed about that.

We passed by the old lady we gave the blessing to and she had died but they said she was really happy and after the blessing the pain went away so that was cool, just sad!

It's really cool because there are 3 people from my MTC group here in Punta Arenas!  I see them a ton, it's cool.

Puerto Natales is about 3 hours away but, yup, it's in my zone Elder Sanchez went up there.  I´ve heard its real awesome!  I hope I go up there!! (This was in response to a question about the city and someone that a member of our ward knows that loves there).

I really hope the Broncos win.  Peyton Manning needs more super bowl rings, he is one of the best quarterbacks of all time!!!!!!!  I'm bummed football is almost over, I love the updates! 

Well, things are super awesome here!  I'm mostly healthy haha.  We had a huge spider in our house the other day, that was fun.... 

Elder Robertson

 This is where I beat everyone in Ping Pong - ha ha


I almost got blown off my feet on this hill, The wind is Ridiculous!!!!!


I got banana bread from Sister Rappleye for my birthday!  It lasted about 3 and a half seconds!

No comments:

Post a Comment