Called to Serve - Osorno, Chile

Elder Keenan Robertson is serving in the Osorno Chile Mission as a full time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Elder Robertson left on July 16, 2013 and will return sometime around July of 2015. Missionaries have a limited time to respond to all the E-mails and letters they receive so we will include here some of his letters home so that friends and family can keep up to date on how things are going for him and his ministry among the wonderful people of Chile.

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

October 28, 2013

This week has been great!  Something I forgot to put last week was that I’ve given a couple blessings!  It’s really cool, I love it so much.  It was really a neat experience!  We did even better this week then last week.  But it’s still frustrating, we don´t have investigators!  But we are teaching a lot so that’s good.  We have so many citas with people but they usually fall through.  We do have a couple that we teach, they are really cool and I’m positive they are going to get baptized they just need understanding and time!  The husband works everyday so we can only teach him Saturdays.  They are 22 and have 3 kids!  So super young but really good parents just trying to figure the world out still.  They read the book of Mormon everyday it’s just hard for them and they don´t understand it.  Good thing we have the truth and we have the spirit!  I don´t know how you´d teach someone sin el espiritu (without the spirit).

This week should be fun; I’m doing two intercombios (working with a different missionary) on Tuesday and Saturday. I’m excited they are really fun.  Yesterday was funny, we had a meeting with a ward leader but at those meetings he just messes around and doesn´t get anything done so we just figured we could be late.  So we went contacting on a street and got swarmed by 5 or 6 dogs, ha-ha, it was funny.  We went to the meeting, I took it as a sign.

I didn´t feel the earthquake, still waiting! ha-ha Thanks for the updates I love hearing about football! 
The package thing doesn´t matter a ton, it’s expensive.  Some elders get a lot others don´t get any.  You can send stuff whenever you want but don´t feel obligated.  That’s a word right?  You don´t have to though.  Things of the world are awesome and really nice but don´t matter. 

Funny story; I need money to buy spider spray.  Earlier this week we were getting ready to go chop wood and it was pretty early so it was chilly.  I was wearing my shorts and I had my Utah State sweater on and, just to be safe, I threw on another jacket.  So we were ready to leave and we were by the door ready to pray and I kept feeling something on the back of my leg.  I just thought it was my shorts but I looked down anyway..... ha-ha  It was the biggest spider I’ve seen in Chile so far!  It was about the size of a 50 cent piece!!!!!  Then I realized the giant web all over my jacket.  During the night it had made a web all over my jacket and when I put it on it crawled all the way down me!!!! ha-ha I’m proud to say I did not scream like a little girl :), I waited patiently for it to crawl off and elder parsons brought it outside (he did let me kill it). I’m pretty sure I had a heart attack and a stroke and all of the other major trauma to my brain and heart that’s is known to man.  That was scary, so I’m going to buy spider spray and spray our house!

It’s a bummer grandma is so sick. I’m glad she is doing better though.  I’m excited to send you pics!  I hope I get the SD card reader soon.  Just put pictures of Mary and baby Jesus on the package, I’ve heard people won´t steal it if you do that.

Me and elder parsons get along great.  We work really well together.  We’re good about talking about stuff and not keeping it in.  My training will be finished November 16, I think, and the next combio is November 30 so he should leave and go to a new sector and I’ll get a new companion but you never really know it’s all different.


Last p-day was really cool, we went down to the river and saw sea lions and walked through this huge open market with fish and all sorts of things it was really cool!  To email, there are a couple internet places we go to, it is super cheap.  It’s about a dollar and a half for the hour I’m on.  It’s really weird, I have no idea where October went!  It’s crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment