Called to Serve - Osorno, Chile

Elder Keenan Robertson is serving in the Osorno Chile Mission as a full time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Elder Robertson left on July 16, 2013 and will return sometime around July of 2015. Missionaries have a limited time to respond to all the E-mails and letters they receive so we will include here some of his letters home so that friends and family can keep up to date on how things are going for him and his ministry among the wonderful people of Chile.

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

November 4, 2013

This week has been awesome!  We taught 30 lessons!  We count investigators as anyone who wants us to come back.  I've been talking about progressing investigators.  They are people with a baptism date and who are keeping commitments and stuff.  This week has been busy.  We had a specialized training all about stress so I got to hear from the mission president, it was good. 

I did an intercambio (exchange) with the zone leaders, that was really fun.  I also did another one with the other elders in the district on Saturday.  But I ended up getting a migraine so that ended fast.  It was a pretty bad one too!  I couldn't see and my arm and mouth went numb.  I have the weirdest migraines, ha-ha, oh well it went away I'm all better now.

We are going to try really hard this week to have a baptism at the end of this month so I'm excited for that.  It has been so hot!!!!!!!!! it's crazy.  Today or next p-day I think we are going out to this small town on the coast so I'll take lots of pics.  I bought spider spray and I took extra money out just because it costs to do it, I wanted to make it worth it.  I sprayed a lot and I haven't seen any spiders.  Except one we have as a pet, ha-ha, it's between our sink and oven.

I can't believe I have two weeks and my training will be over and I'll probably have a new companion!  It's weird, I'm pretty sure I just got here yesterday.  Spanish is coming along alright I guess.  My Chilean isn't though :)  This has been a super busy week so i don't have a ton to write.  It's been work work work!  For christmas I want to buy a couple of study manuals from store.lds so if you could make sure there is a little money on my card that would be cool. Not really sure what to ask for, you could send me some short ankle socks, I miss those!  What did you guys ask for for christmas?

Glad your work is going good mom!  How is teaching going, dad?  Thanks for the updates on football, now I'm almost positive the Colts are going to win the super bowl!  Sorry dad, there is always next year for your Broncos.  Well, things are good here thanks for all you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment