Called to Serve - Osorno, Chile

Elder Keenan Robertson is serving in the Osorno Chile Mission as a full time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Elder Robertson left on July 16, 2013 and will return sometime around July of 2015. Missionaries have a limited time to respond to all the E-mails and letters they receive so we will include here some of his letters home so that friends and family can keep up to date on how things are going for him and his ministry among the wonderful people of Chile.

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

October 21, 2013

Super glad everything is going good!  I liked your pictures from the ward Halloween party.  The colts are probably going to win the Superbowl, I think!  ha-ha.  How is Andrew Luck playing?

I still might get the package but who knows!  It might slip through.  It's weird not seeing planes all the time in the sky.  I could probably count on one hand all the planes I've seen, its weird.  I'm glad everything is going super great!  Everybody sounds happy.  I was worried about grandma but it sounds like that went good.

I like Alma 37 a ton!  I also really like 1 Nephi 18, we use it a lot.  And I like 3 Nephi and 2 Nephi 31...  I just like the whole Book of Mormon!  It contains the fullness of the gospel like 20 times. ha-ha

It's weird being a missionary because people think I'm a lot more than what I am.  People have asked us to interpret dreams and stuff.  Not sure what to do there, I just tell them to read the scriptures and pray for guidance.

This week was great!  We taught a ton of lessons and found some new investigators.  It rained one day this week but, other than that, it's been super, super sunny and hot.  One family we are teaching is really awesome they are around 22 years old and have 3 kids!  They are super awesome and receptive so I'm excited to teach them.  We have found a few other people but haven't had the opportunity to teach them for a while.  

It's funny we haven`t taught _______ for a couple weeks.  Our last lesson was the super awesome one I told you about that he got super close to baptism.  I'm pretty sure we scared the heck out of him.  He talks to us all the time but he is always busy when we go to teach him.
There is a lady in the ward who is super awesome but her husband isn't a member and he kind of hates Mormons.  We have been helping him mow and rake his field so he is way more friendly.  It was awesome because he kept asking me if i had ever lived on a farm or if I worked out in fields and stuff before because I was trying to work super hard.  He didn't really believe me that I haven`t.  Thanks for teaching me to work hard!  It helps a ton.  Thanks for everything you and mom are awesome and I love you tons!!!! 
Elder Robertson

p.s. GO COLTS!!!!! ha-ha and tell everyone in the ward I said hi and to be obedient! Obedience helps just a little bit! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment