Called to Serve - Osorno, Chile

Elder Keenan Robertson is serving in the Osorno Chile Mission as a full time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Elder Robertson left on July 16, 2013 and will return sometime around July of 2015. Missionaries have a limited time to respond to all the E-mails and letters they receive so we will include here some of his letters home so that friends and family can keep up to date on how things are going for him and his ministry among the wonderful people of Chile.

Monday, November 18, 2013

November 18, 2013

I got your package!  With the beef jerky!  Thank you so much!!!!!!  It was all great... was.... its all gone now:)

But I have bad news, it's going to take a long time for packages or letters to get to me for awhile....


This week has been good.  I feel kinda bad because Elder Parsons, I think, was pretty sure he was going to leave but it turns out he is training again here and I'm leaving!!!!!!  It's crazy, I am going to Punta Arenas!!!!!!!!  I'm so excited, I can't wait.  I have heard only good things about it.  I fly down there Wednesday!  My new companion's name is Elder Sanchez, a native from chile! Guess I have to learn spanish now.
 
Mom, in your card you asked about bon o bons.  Yes I have had them... imagine eating heaven :) that's a bon o bon they are so good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I love them a ton.
We do a ton of contacting and we find a ton of people but usually we can't find them home or they aren't really interested when we go back.

That's crazy the bishopric is changing!  Bro. Glover will do awesome!  Glad everything is good in the ward and home.  That will be cool learning the piano!  I don't think I could learn to play an instrument, Ellie is going to learn them all it sounds like! :)

This week was good we found some new people, that will turn into something.  We had a super awesome lesson with A______ so I think he will start to come around again.

Not much else has happened this week I've been packing.  I just dropped one of my suitcases off.  It will be shipped down to Punta Arenas, so that will take 2 weeks to a month.  We talked to a lot of drunk people this week. ha-ha  We were contacting this house and a naked drunk opened the door, that was surprising.  We didn't stay for very long!  I'm excited today I'm going to a little town on the beach that has a big fort.  That should be fun. 







(FYI - As far as we know, Punta Arenas is the furthest south proselyting city in the world!  It is on the Strait of Magellan and is only about 800 miles from Antarctica)

No comments:

Post a Comment