Called to Serve - Osorno, Chile

Elder Keenan Robertson is serving in the Osorno Chile Mission as a full time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Elder Robertson left on July 16, 2013 and will return sometime around July of 2015. Missionaries have a limited time to respond to all the E-mails and letters they receive so we will include here some of his letters home so that friends and family can keep up to date on how things are going for him and his ministry among the wonderful people of Chile.

Monday, November 25, 2013

November 25th, 2013

Hey!!!!!!  Punta Arenas is awesome!!!!  Super cold at nights and pretty cold during the day because of the wind; the wind is freezing!!!!!  The sky is massive here!!!!!!!  It is so cool.  The sun is blazing when it's out!  So bright you can't even look up!  The package was awesome!  The beef jerky was great!...so it was gone really fast..  Punta Arenas is great, it is so beautiful and its right by the ocean! 

My new sector is massive!!!!!  All the wards have two companionships except ours and I'm pretty sure our ward is one of the bigger ones!  It's crazy, I don't think I've seen half of it.  It would take 45 minutes to an hour to walk from one side to the other!  haha  It's awesome though, I love it so far.  The ward is awesome, it's pretty big I think around 70 people! 

Elder Sanchez is awesome!  He is a really good elder!  I realized this week I don't speak Spanish at all.  It's coming along, we can communicate mostly. ha-ha.  We carry a dictionary around though.  He is from Columbia but not the same mission Wensel is going to.  He lives on the west side of the country.  The name of it is really long and weird so I don't know it!

The food is really good, it's super similar to Valdivia.  Chicken with chicken with some bland chicken sauce without flavor.  We eat a ton of chicken.  I eat a lot of cereal too :) haha some of it is American too!!!!!!!!!!  The food is normally pretty bland with about a gallon of oil.  I wouldn't be surprised if they eat their cereal with oil instead of milk!  I have all of my winter stuff.  I usually wear my big coat and a beanie, it's not bad.

(Answer to a question about getting his hair cut) It's pretty expensive and it's not that long! haha 

I left my card reader in the house, sorry, lots of pics next week :)

I talk to Aaron quite a bit he is doing really good!  Tell Kraig Congrats!!!!!!!

Dang, crappy week for football!  Lame!!!!

It will take two weeks to a month for my bag to get here.  It's shipped through a bus company.  They ship it over land.  It's the same for mail and packages too, I think.

Don't put off what you can do today until tomorrow or it will never get done! :)
Tell Dallin I didn't leave the house haunted, I promise.

This sector is awesome, it's so big we have tons of investigators.  We are always sprinting around.  Yesterday we got a family to church.  They are really cool and we're hoping they get baptized on the 21st.  Things are super awesome here, I love it!  The people are so friendly its wierd! 

Tell everyone I love them tons and miss them!  Tell Nana I didn't have time to write her again so sorry and I love her tons!

Nos Vemos!
Elder Robertson

No comments:

Post a Comment