Called to Serve - Osorno, Chile

Elder Keenan Robertson is serving in the Osorno Chile Mission as a full time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Elder Robertson left on July 16, 2013 and will return sometime around July of 2015. Missionaries have a limited time to respond to all the E-mails and letters they receive so we will include here some of his letters home so that friends and family can keep up to date on how things are going for him and his ministry among the wonderful people of Chile.

Monday, December 2, 2013

December 2, 2013

We have a ton of people to work with!  I don't even know them all.  People’s schedules are crazy here. Lots of the people work on big fishing factory ships and big factories on islands way far away.  One guy takes a boat to his work and, when the weather is perfect, it takes three days to get there!  Normally it takes about 8 days!  People are busy!  This was a good week, we taught a lot.  I was bummed we had a bunch of people I thought would come to church but they didn´t.

Hahaha so about it being summer here in Chile...doesn't apply to Punta Arenas :).  It snowed twice this week!  Ha-ha, and the wind!!!!!!!!  There have been a couple times I thought the house was going to get ripped apart!  I don't remember if I mentioned last week but most of the trees grow sideways!  There have been a couple of times I've almost been blown off of my feet!

Sounds like Thanksgiving was good!  I'm still kinda scared to eat meat :).   I'm glad testimony meeting was really good.  I love testimony meeting here; there a lot of really good members.  The bishop here is awesome he is brand new but does a great job.

Football is great!!!!! The Colts are going to win it all!!!! Ha-ha sounds like BYU basketball is doing freaking great!

Feel free to send letters also.  It's expensive to print and I don't think letters will take too long compared to packages.

I have a family challenge!  Everyone has to read the talk “The Book of Mormon: Keystone of Our Religion” by President Benson.  It's super, super good!

We have a ton of investigators!  You could pray for Carlos, Magdalena, and their daughter Evelyn.  They need to come to church! :)

Our heater is vented to the outside but I'll be careful, it's not on during the night.


This week is Zone conference!  That should be fun!!  Well, that's all for now! Love ya tons!!!!!

We live in a tiny part of the house to the left.






No comments:

Post a Comment