Called to Serve - Osorno, Chile

Elder Keenan Robertson is serving in the Osorno Chile Mission as a full time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Elder Robertson left on July 16, 2013 and will return sometime around July of 2015. Missionaries have a limited time to respond to all the E-mails and letters they receive so we will include here some of his letters home so that friends and family can keep up to date on how things are going for him and his ministry among the wonderful people of Chile.

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

November 24th, 2014

This week has been good.  This is the last week of the cambio!  We should know about cambios this Sunday or next Monday.  It's been a good cambio.  It sure has been crazy!  I think I might leave, I've been here for 6 months!!!  That's crazy!  It's been good, I`ve learned a lot the last little bit.  Sunday was the Primary Program!  It was super good, there is only like ten primary kids but they did a good job. 

Michael is progressing a ton.  We have taught him everything and he is ready for his interview!  We did everything now, just in case the other elders in the ward where he lives aren't the best.  We are going to have a lesson with Michael on martes(Tuesday) with the other elders so he can get to know them.  Hopefully the other ward does good but I'm a little worried.  The ward where he lives is the ward that Elder Fernandez came from so it should be interesante.  Everything is going to go good.  He is an awesome person; he will make a good member. 

That's awesome you bought a piano!  I have been studying the gifts that God gives us a lot this week and I'm fairly certain the Ellie has a gift to play piano! :)  Where did you end up putting it? 

Ha-ha Dallin needs to stop crashing!  Ha-ha, What are the chances they would hit each other!  It's good nobody was hurt.

Ha-ha, I took the picture of the Hobbit because I read your Lord of the Rings quote dad!

I don't know if I will find a nativity set.  We went into a store today that had a lot of cool stuff.  It had several different nativity sets but they were all made in China! Ha-ha, There isn't much here that's made in Chile.

I think that is everything!  Love you guys!

Elder Robertson


This is our district.  The Gringa goes home this cambio, and the other hermana is leaving too because she has knee problems.  But they are cool.






This is michael!  He lives in a different ward so he is going to be baptized there but it was awsome him to teach him.  If I'm still here I'll go see him get baptized.
We went to the mall to eat lunch today and this was there.  Ha-ha, I had to take a picture!  The Hobbit!!!!!! Battle of the five armies!!!!!  Sounds like it's going to be a movie about war! :)




Last p-day we were hiking and found this super cool tree.  It was huge and the branches drooped all the way to the ground.  It was a big dome.
This is Family Yasima.  They live across the street from us.


 Ok, so funny story...... I have a buzz cut now :)  Last p-day, after I emailed, I went and got my hair cut.  I didn't realize until we got home just how bad it was.  It wasn't super bad but still it wasn't very good.  So Elder Petrovelli said he could fix it :) ha-ha.  The first picture is after he fixed my hair!:)  It was super funny we were laughing so hard we were crying (there is a bit of a line).
So we went to a member and she had to cut all my hair off to fix it:)
She had to use the buzzer to cut my hair so the sides she had to cut with a 0 and the top she cut with a 2:) It's so short but I like it a lot! :) haha






We found this dog stuck as it was trying to squeeze through the fence.
It was Hno. Moriera's (papito's) birthday, it was really fun and we had a ton of food!
They make this drink with pineapple juice, ice cream, and ginger ale.  It's super good!  We tried taking a "drunk" picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment