Called to Serve - Osorno, Chile

Elder Keenan Robertson is serving in the Osorno Chile Mission as a full time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Elder Robertson left on July 16, 2013 and will return sometime around July of 2015. Missionaries have a limited time to respond to all the E-mails and letters they receive so we will include here some of his letters home so that friends and family can keep up to date on how things are going for him and his ministry among the wonderful people of Chile.

Monday, December 1, 2014

December 1st, 2014

There are Cambios!  I'm going to a place called Lanco.  My new companion is elder Beals :) I remember you asking about him and that you know a family member or something.  I'm going to be a zone leader.  That should be interesting!  I've heard it's a small sector but awesome!  It's about 4 hours by bus to the north.  It should be good, I'm excited.  Just nervous.  Cambios are Wednesday.  Every cambio there is a meeting with president and all the zone leaders. It's this Friday! haha.  I`ll leave Wednesday and travel all day long to Lanco and then come back to Osorno on Friday.  Elder Fernandez is staying here and Elder Petrovelli is going to a new sector.  It's pretty crazy because there were a ton of changes this cambio.  It's pretty neat because my trainer is going home and he is the zone leader in Lanco!  I'm going to replace him.

I got your package today.  I'm going to try and pack it and save it for Christmas.  But we will see if I can fit it.

It's weird to think I have been here in Osorno for 6 months.  It has flown by.  I have learned a lot being here.  I have liked it a lot.

Something funny that happened this week!  I tried to pray in English and I couldn't do it!  Ha-ha.  I totally forgot.  I kept saying things in Spanish and it just didn't work out at all!

I'm glad Thanksgiving was really good!  That's cool that lots of the family got together!  Aunt Melissa and Uncle Casey's house is HUGE!  That is awesome!  How long do they plan on living there?

Glad everything is going good!  This week was good!  I've been super tired!  It's the end of a great cambio. Love you guys a ton!

Elder Robertson

p.s. Sending pictures didn`t work.  I will send some next week!  I can't believe we will be Skyping in a couple weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment