Called to Serve - Osorno, Chile

Elder Keenan Robertson is serving in the Osorno Chile Mission as a full time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Elder Robertson left on July 16, 2013 and will return sometime around July of 2015. Missionaries have a limited time to respond to all the E-mails and letters they receive so we will include here some of his letters home so that friends and family can keep up to date on how things are going for him and his ministry among the wonderful people of Chile.

Monday, November 17, 2014

November 17th, 2014

I've been in two trios this week!  Wednesday an elder that went home a year ago came back to the mission. He is from Paraguay.  It was really cool, he is a good elder.  He was with us for just the day and then he went to his new sector.  Now we are in another trio.  The elders is from Argentina.  It's been really interesting.  We are going to be in a trio at least until the end of the combio.  It will be interesting to see what happens for cambios but I think I will leave. 

Elder Nelson was awesome!  It was the greatest thing ever!  I got to shake his hand!!!!  It was a really neat experience.  I learned lots and it was cool to hear all of his stories.  I also got to hear from his wife!  She is awesome.  She told us a story about how she was in Russia in a training of relief society sisters.  She felt impressed to learn about the lineage of the sisters there and so she went through all the tribes of Israel and when she would say a tribe she would ask all the people from that tribe to stand.  There were 11 of the tribes represented in that one meeting!  Only the tribe of Levi wasn't represented.  Then she talked about how fast word travels.  After the conference, they flew to Armenia.  And when they got off the plane, the mission president was there with an elder and as soon as they got off the plane the president said "I found Levi!"  haha The elder was from the states somewhere but was from Levi!  How cool is that?!  She talked about how this is the Last Days!  Elder Nelson mentioned it too.  He said The Second Coming is going to happen tomorrow!  We just don't know which tomorrow :)  It was really neat to listen to Elder Nelson.  He had lots of stories about his work as a doctor.  He is super smart, he was breaking down words into latin and greek.  I don't even know how many languages he knows!  It was a neat experience! 

We have an investigator that is progressing, awesome!  His name is Michael; he is 22 and he is going to get baptized december 6!  He is really cool and has come to church the past two weeks!  We are trying to work more with the members but it's not working very well.  We are going to keep trying! 

So, I have been looking around for a nativity set.  All that I have found are made in China.  I found one made in Italy but it doesn't have the baby Jesus, just an empty manger.......... I'm not quite sure I get that one..... But I will keep my eyes out.  Nothing is impossible when you work hard!:) 

My other Companion, Elder Fernandez is awesome.  We are just working hard!  Just trying to help Elder Petrovelli out. 

I need something and I keep forgetting!  Could you send me a copy of my priesthood line of authority!  It would be neat to have.

I think that is everything, thanks for your emails!  You guys help me more then you know!  You keep me excited to always work hard!!!

Love You tons!!!!!!! 
Elder Robertson     


I saw my trainer one last time in the meeting with Elder Nelson.  He goes home this cambio!!!! 



I'm definitely the son of a science teacher!:)  I have to catch and look at every everything cool in nature! 

No comments:

Post a Comment