Called to Serve - Osorno, Chile

Elder Keenan Robertson is serving in the Osorno Chile Mission as a full time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Elder Robertson left on July 16, 2013 and will return sometime around July of 2015. Missionaries have a limited time to respond to all the E-mails and letters they receive so we will include here some of his letters home so that friends and family can keep up to date on how things are going for him and his ministry among the wonderful people of Chile.

Monday, November 10, 2014

November 3rd, 2014

Hey family, this week was super-good.  We had Stake conference, which was really good.  We got to hear President Obeso speak at all 4 sessions.  It was awesome.  They talked a lot about action and how we need to act on our faith.  I love Santiago(James) 2 "Faith without works is dead."  I've made it a goal to read the New Testament and I'm almost done with the Book of Mormon.  I'm going to read the Book of Mormon in English too.  I love the scriptures so much.  They have the answers to everything.v I especially love the New Testament. I feel like my testimony of the Savior has grown a lot just by starting to read it.  One thing I like about the way the Savior taught was the way He uses questions, every question he asks is a perfect question.
I will look for a Nativity set, I haven't seen any here but I will keep looking.  Kinda a bummer for football! haha hopefully the Colts win!  It's good BYU ended up winning, is Hill a junior?  Will he be able to play next year?
I have absolutely outstanding news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) I found Cheddar cheese!  I almost cried I was so happy! haha I've started cooking a lot more and I like making breakfast burritos!  Now I have real cheese to use!!!! :)
We contacted this guy that lives in a broken down super-old car!  It was pretty funny, he is older and only has one eye.  He's pretty dang receptive.  We are going to start sharing with him and we are going to help him.
Our ward is going to do a ward temple trip Thursday to Saturday!  It's going to be awesome for them but we won't have members here haha.  It would be great sending a conference ensign!  I think Captain Crunch and gold fish crackers would be good too. :)  I still have lots of onera but you could send more Kool aid!  That's all I can think of!
I can`t believe that Mathew and Corbyn are teachers!  That just doesn't make sense! :)  That's awesome nana got home!  Her trip was really long!  How's uncle Logan doing?  Is he still dating the marine sniper?
Well I think that's all.  It's been really cold the past little bit but hopefully it warms up soon!  Love you guys tons!  Hope you have a great week!
Love,
Elder Robertson


There is this big huge park right next to the river that we walked down into.  It was really pretty and we actually found a house.  It just turns out there is a lion of a dog that lives in the house too...... We never made it close! :)





Here are some more pictures of the river.  Ha-ha, the "pond" picture is from when the river rises.  The first little bit I was in Osorno the river rose about 20 feet but everything is built really well for all the water so it didn't flood anything except big giant retention parks.  It got really close to spilling out of the banks in some parts but thankfully it didn't. 

No comments:

Post a Comment