Called to Serve - Osorno, Chile

Elder Keenan Robertson is serving in the Osorno Chile Mission as a full time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Elder Robertson left on July 16, 2013 and will return sometime around July of 2015. Missionaries have a limited time to respond to all the E-mails and letters they receive so we will include here some of his letters home so that friends and family can keep up to date on how things are going for him and his ministry among the wonderful people of Chile.

Monday, November 10, 2014

November 10th, 2014

The trip to the volcano was good.  It was really high up!  We drove a big part of the way up and then hiked a good part it, was really cloudy but still awesome!  We also went to another place.  It's called Saltos de Petrohue or something like that, Ha-ha!  It was a huge river and there were some crazy rapids!  It was really neat; the water is so powerful!  The water was really pretty too.  It was ice blue and you could see right through it.  It's been a long p-day.  We woke up early and left right away.  We got back at around three.  Things have been good; we had lots of people come to church.  We found some new people to teach and we had our zone conference.  I'm super excited for this week.  Elder Nelson is coming!  It should be really good. 

This week was awesome.  A lot of things are changing for the better!  It's a good time to be on the mission.  I learned a lot in the Zone conference.  It was cool seeing the ward go to the temple.  They came back a lot better!  It's a bummer they can`t go every week.  I've made it a goal to work in the temple when I get home and go at least once a week.  I will write those school essays and I will send them next week.  You guys are the best family in the world!  I love you guys so much!  One of my new favorite scriptures is in Juan (John), the last chapter, I think it's 21.  It's after the resurrection and Jesus appears to Juan while he is fishing.  I love how the Lord says, "Feed my sheep" three times.  It really made me think.  How much do I love the lord?  Elder Holland has a super good talk on that.  Love you guys a ton!  Thanks for all the updates!  Glad everything is going good.



We made no bake cookies!  They are really good! :)





For a lot of the time on the volcano it was cloudy but it cleared out a couple of times.  These were on the way up.





We never could see the very top of the volcano, but it was still really neat!  It was really high up.  During winter you can ski!







The river was awesome.  The flyfishing in this area is super good.  I think one day we will come here to just fish!





This is my jersey I bought!  I wore it up almost to the top of the volcano. 

No comments:

Post a Comment