Called to Serve - Osorno, Chile

Elder Keenan Robertson is serving in the Osorno Chile Mission as a full time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Elder Robertson left on July 16, 2013 and will return sometime around July of 2015. Missionaries have a limited time to respond to all the E-mails and letters they receive so we will include here some of his letters home so that friends and family can keep up to date on how things are going for him and his ministry among the wonderful people of Chile.

Monday, December 8, 2014

December 8th, 2014

Hey Fam,

Lanco is awesome! Its pretty small but it's a lot bigger than Francke so I like it a lot.  The people are so much different here.  They are really nice and receptive.  I like being here a lot.  There are just a lot of problems! haha I don't think I've had a busier week in all of my mission. 

First off, it was tons of traveling!  Friday we went to Osorno again for the leadership meeting; total it was 6 hours of traveling.  The meeting was good.  It was kinda funny because it was all over the place and really disorganized but, whatever, I learned a lot! 

So my first week in the rama (branch)!  I think it's a rama of about 40 people.

It has been such a crazy week! haha I was so tired last night! 

Elder Beals is awesome; he is a lot like Aaron!  We get along great and he is a really hard worker. I've learned a ton from him in just a week!  We are going to have a good cambio!  It's interesting here in Lanco because we don't have a mamita.  We get extra money and we just cook lunch everyday!  It's been great so far.  We have been eating pretty dang good!  Healthwise, I feel a lot better!  We have made pizza and fajitas!  It's been good.  The zone is pretty small but I like it!  It covers a huge area because it's all really spread out cities.  But it's going to be good.  Lots of traveling! :)  But the buses are really nice so it's not bad.  I'm going to like Lanco a lot.  The branch president here is the best leader I've met in Chile!  I'm really excited.

Thanks for the package.  It didn't fit in my suitcase so I opened it!  It's awesome!!!!  Best Christmas ever!  I also got grandma's package!  That was really nice of her, I'm going to send her an email.  I feel bad I'm so terrible at writing everybody.

Football sounds great, I'm glad there is a small playoff!  I hope it makes things better. 

I think that's everything!  I'm excited for this week, things should calm down and we can really get to work! 

Love,
Elder Robertson 

p.s. Hey, I was thinking, the next time you talk to Aunt Carla could you tell her I love her and she is an awesome aunt grandma.  I was thinking of her! Thanks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment