Called to Serve - Osorno, Chile

Elder Keenan Robertson is serving in the Osorno Chile Mission as a full time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Elder Robertson left on July 16, 2013 and will return sometime around July of 2015. Missionaries have a limited time to respond to all the E-mails and letters they receive so we will include here some of his letters home so that friends and family can keep up to date on how things are going for him and his ministry among the wonderful people of Chile.

Thursday, August 22, 2013

August 22, 2013

I'm ready to get out of the MTC; I'm bored and I don´t know how much more subjunctive I can take!!!  After attempting to talk with natives, I've decided I can´t speak Spanish!  They can´t understand me and i can´t understand them :).  Chile is going to be a shock but I am so excited!!!!!!  Studying is good I'm still reading the Old Testament, which is difficult but it has some awesome stuff in it!

The temple this morning was fun I took a picture with everyone in my district!  No new video yet!  Bummer!  I understood a lot more then last time though, which was good!  Teaching is good, we committed both our fake investigators to baptism and we were the first ones to do it!

The wedding sounds AWESOME!!!!!!  I wish I could have been there!  I think you and dad should go to the temple every week!  I sure wish I could!  It sucks not having a temple I can just go to!  Thanks for the pics mom.

I am always tired!  Then I play fútbal or ultimate frisbee super hard and then I'm more tired ha-ha.

There was another huge poisoning a little bit ago, which was bad!!!!  I won´t go into details.  I'll just say all night long.... :) I didn't get it though!  I sorta have stomach problems now but not too bad, it's the first time since I've been here!  I still don´t know when I leave!  I think I can email Sunday if I find out.

Sorry it isn't more, just a short email.  I'm sure ready to get to Chile! :)

Me, Holt, Magee, and Baldwin just pullin' a beatles :)




Last night we were bored so we started catching mosquitoes   We had caught probably 30 of them.  There is a kid that sleeps in my dorm that reacts really badly to mosquito bites and it seems like they all go for him so we thought it would be funny to let them go in his room :).  I feel bad cause he is swollen up pretty good hahaha it was hilarious!!!!  Hahaha dumb missionaries with too much time on their hands and this is what you get! :) We put all of the mosquitoes in the big water jug.




We found a bunch of couches and we studied here for awhile but they got rid of them eventually.

This is my ministerial card I got. Supposedly the date on there, June 30th, 2015, is the real date I go home!



This is everyone in my dorm.  We are all going to Osorno except elder Beach, the one next to me :).  I'm so bummed, he is so cool!!!!



This is my new favorite spot to "study" :)



The comedor was full so we just ate outside it was awesome!!!!



My district in front of the temple!!





The first pic is me and elder Holt, the second is me and the zone leader Baldwin with Treuhafts forehead in the background, and the third is me and elder Fulton.





1 - me and elder Horsley, he is awesome we are way good friends, I'm bummed he is going to Rancagua.  2 - me and Treuhaft he is a zone leader. 3 - me and Maxfield, He is really cool I like him a lot.  He is the other zone leader.





1 - me and Adair, he is pretty crazy but he´ll be an awesome missionary!  2 - is Loveridge, he is hilarious. 3 - me and Magee, he is way cool!!!!!

I'm so bummed they are all going to Rancagua, Chile except Baldwin and Holt.  They are all awesome!  Baldwin is going to Colorado and Holt is coming to Osorno.  I couldn't take a pic with the sisters 'cause it's against the rules or something.  Some old guy I've never seen before yelled at us.



This is a pic of elder Moore, we took it last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment