Called to Serve - Osorno, Chile

Elder Keenan Robertson is serving in the Osorno Chile Mission as a full time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Elder Robertson left on July 16, 2013 and will return sometime around July of 2015. Missionaries have a limited time to respond to all the E-mails and letters they receive so we will include here some of his letters home so that friends and family can keep up to date on how things are going for him and his ministry among the wonderful people of Chile.

Sunday, August 18, 2013

August 15th, 2013

I have 2 teachers, hermano Miller y hermana Baum.  They’re both Americans that went on Spanish speaking missions so they’re not native, but they don´t really speak English to us.  They are my investigators; they take stories of people from their missions and role play as them.  I teach one of them each day and then someone from my class everyday; so I teach people twice, its good and I love it tons!  It's awesome having the spirit so strong sometimes because it really does bring things to your remembrance.  I will think of scriptures and quotes while I’m teaching and it’s awesome!  It’s all in Spanish so it’s awesome practice!  I love it a lot!  Teaching by, with, and through the spirit is awesome.  A lot of times it really isn´t me teaching, it’s the spirit!

I’ve gotten way better, still a little stuffy and runny nose but I’m fine.  Talking about getting sick, I have a story for you!  Let me start off by saying that thankfully I didn´t get it but a lot of people did!  They think it was food poisoning from dinner last night but there was a lot of explosive vomit and diarrhea!!  Only one kid in my district got it but it hit him hard!  He was up all last night!!  The food here I’ve decided is pretty scary! They have to cook way too much food for how big the kitchen is so a lot of it is rushed I think.

My departure is getting close, I’m so excited!  I can´t wait to get to get to Chile.  I haven´t gotten my itinerary yet so hopefully that comes soon.  It’s going to be almost an 8 hour flight!  And then probably a super long bus drive!!!!  I think sending your emails on Tuesday worked fine, I got them on time.  It will be interesting to see when my p-day is in the field.

I love “Preach My Gospel”!  It’s awesome.  I love studying it!  I’m studying that and then reading the Old Testament, Jesus the Christ, and Our Search for Happiness, which is awesome, but I’ll have that one done today; it’s not very long and really easy to read.

The MTC is awesome but I’m definitely ready to go!  The language is coming fine.  I can teach most of the lessons ok.  The classes are what are killing me, I just want to go!!  The last two lessons with my investigator have been awesome.  We did a lesson about the Book of Mormon and then the atonement it was so cool!  It’s awesome just listening to the spirit and letting it take control of the lesson, it’s great! It’s cool how it can bring scriptures to my mind so easy!

Today I’ve pretty much been playing sports all day.  Earlier I had 5 goals playing soccer that was fun! And then we played ultimate Frisbee with a volleyball.  That was fun except that I fell pretty hard and hit my head so I have a headache and my back hurts.  I showered and that helped a little thankfully!

The spirit is so awesome here!  Tuesday we watched a live broadcast from Provo; it was the first devotion to be broadcast all over the world.  Elder Scott gave an awesome talk on prayer and the power of it!  Then at the end he gave everyone trying to learn a language an awesome blessing!!!  I got an apostolic blessing of the gift of tongues, how awesome is that!!!!!

This is my branch president on the right and the first counselor on the left - pres. Suaste and pres. Flores




I took a couple pics on Sunday!  Sundays are awesome here, I love them!




And yet there was more rain, ha-ha!  I'm pretty sure Mexico is a reflection of when the great flood happened!



I didn´t eat to much of this, not sure what it was! ha-ha

No comments:

Post a Comment