Called to Serve - Osorno, Chile

Elder Keenan Robertson is serving in the Osorno Chile Mission as a full time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Elder Robertson left on July 16, 2013 and will return sometime around July of 2015. Missionaries have a limited time to respond to all the E-mails and letters they receive so we will include here some of his letters home so that friends and family can keep up to date on how things are going for him and his ministry among the wonderful people of Chile.

Monday, August 5, 2013

August 1st, 2013

What’s up, glad everything is going well!  Yesterday we did this insanely hard thing called TRC.  The MTC brings in volunteers from wards around the MTC.....so they are completely native and don’t know how to speak English!!!!!! And I had to teach them :) it was next to impossible :).  I’ve started to read Jesus the Christ and that’s amazing!! I love it.  It’s been weird but super nice here; it hasn´t rained for a whole week!  Which sucks because it stinks pretty bad every once in a while!  I’ve been pretty sick the past two days which has sucked!  I´ve been going to class, it sucks though because I can´t pay attention at all. I’m just barely starting to feel better today.

Thanks for the family history and the email!  It’s crazy how fast time is flying here!!! Today we played soccer with a bunch of natives.... that didn't go well.  There are a total of 12 missionaries that I know of that are going to Osorno!!  For the most part the food is super awesome!!!!!!  There are some things that scare me though! :)   A few nights ago we got a patty of meat... at least I think it was meat, it was disgusting!  And for breakfast they like to give us chopped up hot dogs in salsa soup! :)  Thankfully they have cereal :).  When I speak Spanish I try to sound like the natives but usually it just turns into a bunch of jumbled noises coming out of my mouth :) I like it though, it’s fun!  The MTC is huge!!!! There are a bunch of houses and dorms, it’s so cool!!!!  And the plants are awesome!  There are pine trees and palm trees!  There are tons of birds all over.  By my dorm there are a bunch of these green parrots that seem really stupid and they are annoying.  My favorite part here is probably soccer but I really like the classes on doctrine topics and it’s way beautiful!  I love my district a lot!  It stinks ‘cause they are all going to Rancagua, Chile.


This is where my district and I play soccer, it’s the coolest thing ‘cause it’s on a basketball court, I love soccer!!!!!!! 




Breakfast with the district this morning!  There was no syrup.... it was all gone.  The syrup they use though is awesome, it’s the kind you put on ice cream - the strawberry and chocolate syrups!!!!!



All the name badges from my zone.  It’s just two districts we are all really close.  Now we have like 5 districts.



This is where we play.




We were so bored in class the other day we wanted to surprise our teacher!!  Ha-ha it was funny.




When it doesn't rain there are some awesome sunsets.



I thought the sunrise was way cool!!



These signs are everywhere...... I would hope “No Smoking”!!!!!!!



I have like 50 books and this tiny little desk!!!! :)





The only way in or out and the wall. :)



This is a pic of a couple days ago, we all wore red ties! It’s my district.





No comments:

Post a Comment