Called to Serve - Osorno, Chile

Elder Keenan Robertson is serving in the Osorno Chile Mission as a full time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Elder Robertson left on July 16, 2013 and will return sometime around July of 2015. Missionaries have a limited time to respond to all the E-mails and letters they receive so we will include here some of his letters home so that friends and family can keep up to date on how things are going for him and his ministry among the wonderful people of Chile.

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

June 9, 2014

Hola. This week was hilarious!!!!!!:) haha

First story: So my companion, Elder Cariqueo, and I were walking doing some contacts and he passed gas.  It was so LOUD!!!!!!! hahahaha :) and then we realized there was a lady right behind us... I was trying so hard not to laugh. haha He did really good at just acting like nothing happened and we just kept going!  I think I almost died of laughing.

Second story: The weather has been pretty bad lately and it is really icy!  So we were walking down a hill and we were joking about falling... and he hit a really icy patch but didn't fall.  He looked back and started to say be careful it's icy, but before he could finish I was on the ground.  It was an epic fall!  Now my leg hurts haha :) I don't think anyone saw, so that's good.  I wish someone had gotten it on camera.

It was a good week.  A couple of weeks ago we contacted a kid in the street; his name is Ariel.  He told us where he lived and said we could pass by.  He has some problems.  So we passed by and his sister answered and we were talking to her and it was good, she has some problems too but not sure what.  We were just talking when all of a sudden she looked at me and said, "Wow, you are really beautiful!"  I was trying so hard to not laugh and then she asked, "Do you have a woman?" haha  That was probably the funniest thing that has happened on my misiĆ³n.  But i lied to her and said yes!  She just said, "Oh, that's too bad." and went on talking.
 
This was a really funny week.  Church was good.  At 10:00, when it was supposed to start, there were 3 people there, including us! :) But, by the end, there were 21!  It was a good Sunday.  We got the call Saturday night before we went to bed and they asked us to give talks!  So i gave a talk again :) we didn't have any investigators come to church so that was a bummer but we are still working hard with people.

You'll have to keep me updated on all the changes!  That's interesting!  I'll let you know when I get letters, usually it takes lots of time!

Its crazy!!!!  I will know by next p-day if I'm staying or leaving!  I think I'm leaving, but we will see.

Jose is Elder Cariqueo's first name.  This cambio started May 5th.

You guys are the coolest family ever! love you tons!!!!!!!!!!

Elder Robertson

No comments:

Post a Comment