Called to Serve - Osorno, Chile

Elder Keenan Robertson is serving in the Osorno Chile Mission as a full time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Elder Robertson left on July 16, 2013 and will return sometime around July of 2015. Missionaries have a limited time to respond to all the E-mails and letters they receive so we will include here some of his letters home so that friends and family can keep up to date on how things are going for him and his ministry among the wonderful people of Chile.

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

June 2, 2014

Thats crazy another school year is over!  1 more and I'll be home!  Crazy right!!!!  So this week was good!  We did a lot of walking!  I think i might put that every week.  This week the zone leaders came to Porvenir and we did splits with them.  That was really fun, I was with Elder Goobler.  He is 6´8´´!!! haha, it was fun.

Jorge and Lila: Still haven't come to church but yesterday we had a really good lesson with them about acting on our faith.  It was really good, they are really awesome!  Really we just need them to come to church and I think they will be baptised.

Franco is awesome!  We found him a couple weeks ago knocking doors and we started to teach him.  He is ateo (atheist) but kind of a fence sitter, he doesn´t really know if God existe (I can't remember the word in English) or not.  There have been lots of miracles happen with him and it's really cool.  He prayed the other day for the first time in his life.  The only bad thing is he got a new job.  He works 20 days outside of porvenir and has 10 days of rest!!  He left Sunday, I think.  

We have a lot of other people but those are the people we are working with a lot. The world Cup starts soon so that should be crazy.  Chile just passed a law that you can't work during the games that Chile plays in, ha-ha.  And if you do work you have to be within seeing distance of a TV!  I'm not sure what we are going to do during the games.

It's been really cold!  This morning it snowed a little bit but it didn't even stick.  Thankfully it hasn't been windy, so that's been good.  It's nice because here in Porvenir it's super-dry, I think it has rained 3 times since I've been here.

Nana emailed me the other day and she said she was going to write me!

Things are pretty much the same here.  We are working hard.  That's all that counts! :)

I always like getting pictures!  It's cool!  I have printed a couple off so I can show people my family!

Well shoot, sorry I can't think of anything else to write!  Thanks for the emails, you guys are awesome!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment