Called to Serve - Osorno, Chile

Elder Keenan Robertson is serving in the Osorno Chile Mission as a full time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Elder Robertson left on July 16, 2013 and will return sometime around July of 2015. Missionaries have a limited time to respond to all the E-mails and letters they receive so we will include here some of his letters home so that friends and family can keep up to date on how things are going for him and his ministry among the wonderful people of Chile.

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

June 16, 2014

I'm getting transferred!!!  It was funny, we were teaching Saturday at like 4:30ish and the phone rang and it was president!!!!  So I answered and he asked how I was and if I thought I was going to have a cambio.  Haha, I really didn't think I was going to be transferred so I said no.  He just laughed and said, "Well, you are." :) I'm going to Osorno!  It's a sector called Franke.  So that should be really fun.  My new companion is Elder Montiel; he is from Argentina!  I'm going to be his "mom" :) his second companion.  He just finished training.  And I'm going to be district leader.... we'll see how that goes.  I'm not really sure how to be a leader.  So it should be crazy!!!!  My sector is really close to the misión home that should be good!  Osorno is a little different, so my p-day will be Saturday!  I'm going to have two p-days this week!!!!  Sweet! I'm kinda bummed to be leaving Porvenir/Punta arenas, it's weird to think that I might never come back in this life!

I have liked this área a ton!  We have lots of really awesome people that are going to get baptised once they come to church.  We didn't have any investigators come to church this cambio but we reactivated some menos activos.  Yesterday, a menos activo came to church and hasn't been in a really long time.  It was awesome!

The thing that I'm excited for is there are lots of stores in Osorno.  So I will be able to buy food!!!!!!!! YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) It should be really interesting.  Next month I have a year in the misión and this will be the first time I go to the center of the mission!  It will be really nice because I'm right next to the office so I will get packages and letters fast! :) The weather here is really cold, haha, it's getting lots worse but todavía (still) no snow!  So that's a bummer, it's really dry here so it's just cold and nothing else.  The ice is really bad! :) Osorno will be really rainy but I think the temperatura will be like it was during summer here in the south. Haha, that's weird!!!

Sounds like your class is really fun dad!  A lot of work but its what you like, cierto?  Who is the other teacher?  Is it Mr. Manwaring from Copper Hills?  He talked about a class like that but I can´t remember. :)  Losing weight is good, dad!  I'm too skinny, so I'm trying to gain a little weight but I can´t!  I'm excited to get pics.  I've started to enjoy taking pictures a lot!   

I've liked being in a small ward a lot!  The only thing that is hard is nobody does anything because everybody just waits until the missionaries do it!  But it's awesome, I gave 5 or 6 talks in my 3 months here!  There were a couple of times I was the only speaker. :)

My trip to Osorno should be really good, I'm really excited, but super nervous, haha, I have no idea what I'm going to do as a leader!

Love you all so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Elder Robertson

1 comment:

  1. We are thinking about you Elder Robertson and hoping you will have a great time in your new area, but it will be sad to leave everyone I'm sure. We know you will be a wonderful leader and make new friends and find lots of great people who are just waiting to hear the Gospel. I enjoy learning all the Spanish words from your blog, it's so much fun to learn another language. We love you and miss you. Aunt Liz, Sandy and Tiffany. xxxx

    ReplyDelete