Called to Serve - Osorno, Chile

Elder Keenan Robertson is serving in the Osorno Chile Mission as a full time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Elder Robertson left on July 16, 2013 and will return sometime around July of 2015. Missionaries have a limited time to respond to all the E-mails and letters they receive so we will include here some of his letters home so that friends and family can keep up to date on how things are going for him and his ministry among the wonderful people of Chile.

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

March 31, 2014

I'm finally feeling better!  I'm not sure if it was the flu or food poisoning but I don't think i've ever been that sick in my life!  It sucked but I'm way better now.

Puerto Porvenir is awesome!!!!!!!!  It's super tiny but i love it.  We crossed [the Strait of Magellan] Thursday at 9:00 in the morning.  We had pills so we just slept the whole time.  It was really smooth when I was awake.  It was kinda creepy the whole time; it was super, super foggy!  But it was a good crossing.  The other elders had a super bad crossing a couple weeks ago.  They were showing me videos and pictures.  I'm sure glad it was calm.

Por venir is super small and the branch is tiny!  This week was our branch conference and with all the leaders from the stake and us missionaries, we had 28 people!  Our church building is tiny!  You could probably fit my church building in the gym of your church!

I'm sure I will be down here for a while because usually the president takes the missionaries out of Por Venir for the winter.  But we will see.  It is so cold here!!!!!!  I'm dying! Ha-ha.  I lost my hat in Rio De la Mano so the next time I go to Punta Arenas I will probably buy one :)  The weather has been cold and a Little rainy which is weird because people say usually it's super-dry. 

It's only me and Elder Powell here! Ha-ha.  We go to Punta Arenas about twice every three months!  Just for Conferencias and interviews.  Food is really expensive so we usually buy as much as we can when we go to Punta Arenas.

The people are super friendly here, so that has been cool.  We share with a lot of people but we don't have a lot progressing.  We do have one girl that is about to turn 18 that is progressing really well.  So hopefully we will baptise her.  Her name is ljubica, I don't know how to say it either, her ancestry is from Croatia!

Elder Powell is super awesome.  He is from Heber, Utah and likes playing soccer!  We are from the same group so I know him from the MTC.

Por venir is awesome, I love it so much!

So I'm not really sure, but my card reader just doesn't work anymore.  So I don't know what's up.  I'll try to use the wire next week but I don´t know.  I'll keep my eye out for a new card reader, I guess.  Que Raro!  So lo siento, I will try to send pics next week:)  Love you guys a ton.  I'm super glad everything is going super good!  Those pictures of your foot are crazy!  Hope the recovery keeps going well!

Love
Elder Robertson

No comments:

Post a Comment