Called to Serve - Osorno, Chile

Elder Keenan Robertson is serving in the Osorno Chile Mission as a full time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Elder Robertson left on July 16, 2013 and will return sometime around July of 2015. Missionaries have a limited time to respond to all the E-mails and letters they receive so we will include here some of his letters home so that friends and family can keep up to date on how things are going for him and his ministry among the wonderful people of Chile.

Monday, April 14, 2014

April 14, 2014

This week was good we went to Punta Arenas for interviews with president Rappleye. It was super-awesome.  That was my last interview because next cambio we have a conference and then after that he goes home!  We left Thursday night (on the ferry) and it was a super smooth crossing but it was pitch black, so that was pretty creepy.  The water is scary at night!  We came back Saturday morning and it was awesome; it was kinda rough but I took some awesome pictures.

This week was good; we have a lot of people that we have started to teach.  Pedro is in his mid-40´s we have taught him the restauración and he accepted it well.  It’s hard to find him because he works a lot but we challenged him to be baptized the 10th of May so we will see what happens.  He has read from the Book of Mormon and he really likes everything so far.

Last Friday for conference this lady ran out her door yelling after us so we stopped and talked with her and she has been menos activa for a long time because of work.  She has a daughter that lives with her named Johana and her husband Ernán and they have another daughter who has 12 years. The daughter’s name is Natasha and she needed help with English homework so we set up a cita and it worked out really good!!!  Elder Powell taught her English and I taught Ernán and Johana the first lesson and they are awesome!!  We challenged them to be baptized to the 10 of may también.  They are super, super, cool!  We have a visita with them tonight so I hope it’s good!

Things are just working out really well I love it here a lot!  We are finding lots of people and teaching a lot so it’s been really cool!

I´ve been really tired this week because of the trip to Punta Arenas but it was good.  I bought a ton of food!  Ha-ha.  I took money out because we got permisión from President to go on a trip!

There is a place on the island that emperor penguins live!  Right now I´ve heard there are about 130!! They live there year round but normally there isn´t so many!  So I’m not sure how much it will be so I took some more out just to be safe.  The only problema is we need to find someone to take us there ha-ha so we are looking.  But I really hope I can do it, that would be so cool!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry my email isn´t that good this week, I sent lots of pics so that kinda takes time and I don´t know what else to write!  I’m really glad you are all doing super-awesome and I love you all a ton.  Your surgery will be fine mom!  And you will get an assistant-principal job when the time is right, don´t worry dad!  There is our time and the Lord’s time!  The Lord wins every time :) ha-ha.

If you could, I need more socks :).  The ones I bought from Nike, they are my favorite and I wear them a ton, so I need another pair! :)  And a crunch bar :) ha-ha.  I think that’s everything!  And another hat if you could!  I didn´t have the time to look for one in Punta Arenas and they are crap here.  Thanks for everything and tell Ellie I’m really sorry I didn´t write her this week.  I feel kinda bad not emailing Dallin and Ellie better.  I should be a better brother

Love you guys tons!

Elder Robertson



I love this place, they make good stuff.  This is a lemon pie!



We walked out into the campo the other day to the airport which is 5 kilometers away. There wasn´t much. There is a Little bit outside the city but we usually don´t leave the city.




I had no idea! (there are flamingos)









Pictures of the Barcasa (Ferry)


 And sheep. there is a ton! There is a Factory here in porvenir that kills 2,000 sheep a day!


Best saying ever!!  (I want to live my life in such a way that when I wake up in the morning Satan says, "OH NO, He is awake!")

Elder Powell kinda likes cooking, ha-ha.


No comments:

Post a Comment