Called to Serve - Osorno, Chile

Elder Keenan Robertson is serving in the Osorno Chile Mission as a full time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Elder Robertson left on July 16, 2013 and will return sometime around July of 2015. Missionaries have a limited time to respond to all the E-mails and letters they receive so we will include here some of his letters home so that friends and family can keep up to date on how things are going for him and his ministry among the wonderful people of Chile.

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

February 18, 2014

The conference with Elder Ballard was really great!  It was awesome!!!!!  The video wasn´t that great and the sound sucked, but it was still great.  I learned so much!  He is a cool guy!  Me and elder Mcdonald get along great!  I’m glad I get another cambio (the time between transfers, it is 6 weeks) here in Rio De La Mano!  We are going to have baptisms this cambio.  We had a super awesome lesson with ________ and ________ the spirit was great and we talked a lot about baptism.  But they went on vacation for a week so we will have to do it all over again!  We had a really cool lesson with our investigator, _______, he is going to be baptized in March!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I’m happy he is a really cool guy, I like him a lot.

It is super hard to find and teach _________ cause she works so much.  ________ and _______ didn´t come because they had family at their house but they are going to come next Sunday.  The weather was so nice this week!  I wore a short sleeve shirt for the first time!!!!!!!!  It was really warm and not windy!  I’m happy but the days are starting to get shorter so I’m sure winter is on the way!  I’m really glad everything is going super good!

Dallin’s car is awesome!  And the new fridge looks huge!!!!!! Ha-ha I love hearing from you guys so much!  Do you know if aunt Carla got my letter yet?  Thanks for that quote from Hinckley, it’s one of my favorites!

Me and elder Mcdonald have been turning English sayings into Spanish and some of them are really funny!  Like “paz afuera” (Peace out), or “verdadero que” (True That) ha-ha, we usually have lots of time to talk we usually walk 15 miles a day.

Just keep up the emails and send letters every once in a while!

Love you tons!!!!

Elder Robertson

No comments:

Post a Comment