Called to Serve - Osorno, Chile

Elder Keenan Robertson is serving in the Osorno Chile Mission as a full time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Elder Robertson left on July 16, 2013 and will return sometime around July of 2015. Missionaries have a limited time to respond to all the E-mails and letters they receive so we will include here some of his letters home so that friends and family can keep up to date on how things are going for him and his ministry among the wonderful people of Chile.

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

October 14, 2013

This week was good; we had 6 lessons on Tuesday. Everything else the rest of the week fell through, that was a bummer.  Lucas moved so we don`t have anyone committed to baptism again.  I’m bummed about Lucas but we found some more people to teach so I hope that works out.  Things have been pretty good around here. I hope grandma’s surgery is good.  I think she is in surgery as I’m writing this so I hope that’s ok.

No package yet, hopefully tomorrow.  That’s when our zone gets together so I’m hoping the ZLs (Zone Leaders) have it.  The mail is pretty good here it will just take time to get to me.  It really warmed up this week; it was really hot the past 2 days. 

For Christmas I can Skype.  So what I was thinking is have you and dad set everything up like my account and all that and just send me the login and password.  Then when it gets closer we can set up a time and then if that doesn`t work for some reason I’ll just call.  It’s not too expensive. 

The thing I have found out about less active members is they usually have 1 problem holding them back.  If you solve that, with lots of love, they`ll come back.  And then you just have the super angry people.  They are harder :)

My stomach is off and on I think it’s just certain foods that do it.  Glad nana is doing well.  Everybody is having surgery.  I got the pics, I’m glad she is ok! I think it will be at least another week before I send my card we found this dirt road that’s super, super pretty that goes way far out.  We found some super, super huge houses.  We want to go hike out there ‘cause its super pretty.  We were going to today but its super cloudy and a little rainy we didn`t want it to get worse and then we're stuck miles out in the wilderness.

That’s crazy the priest’s quorum is so big!  ha-ha  You should definitely focus on preach my gospel.  Get all the priests super familiar with it and how to use it.  That will help make them awesome missionaries.  Football sounds awesome!!!!!! I’m glad Utah teams are doing good this year!  Utah actually won a game that mattered!!!!  That is so cool!  I hope the colts do good this year they need it!

I can get anything in packages but fruit, vegetables and meat. So no raisins, nuts, or beef jerky or anything :( ha-ha oh well.  I can`t think of anything I need but if I think of anything I will let you know!  Actually I thought of something... graham crackers!!!  ha-ha those sounds good right now. 


Thanks for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment