Called to Serve - Osorno, Chile

Elder Keenan Robertson is serving in the Osorno Chile Mission as a full time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Elder Robertson left on July 16, 2013 and will return sometime around July of 2015. Missionaries have a limited time to respond to all the E-mails and letters they receive so we will include here some of his letters home so that friends and family can keep up to date on how things are going for him and his ministry among the wonderful people of Chile.

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

June 8th, 2015

This week has been really good.  I have sucked my whole mission at writing in my journal but I decided to write in it every day this last month.  So that has been really good.  This week was really good.  We fasted with Maria Jose and Luis!  For both of them it was the first time fasting!  It was really neat.  Maria Jose Fasted for her parents because they are sick and for her own family.  It was a really cool experience and strengthened my testimony of fasting.  It's so sad that hardly anyone fasts, they are losing so many blessings.

Saturday there was a baptism in The rama(branch) Ancahual.  It was a family baptizing their 8 year-old son.  I felt really bad for the branch president because nothing was planned out so it was pretty bad.  We ended up doing everything... haha.  The guy doing the baptism was really nervous so he couldn't remember the words at first and the first three times he did the baptism some part of the kid came up.  We ended up telling everyone to go back in and wait and then we did the baptism again.  That time everything went under the water.  So they finished the program and then ate tons of food (on a fast weekend.....).  We were there talking about the baptism when we realized the guy had done the baptism with his left arm to the square..... hahahaha.  So after all the food they had to change back into the wet clothing and do it again.  It was a long baptism; we were there for 4 hours!  But it was a neat experience because I learned the importance of planning but better than that, after the final time the kid was baptised we felt the spirit really strongly, something we realized hadn't been there the rest of the times.  Ordenanzas(ordinances) have to be done exactly right, every time.

We are working a lot with Maria Jose and Luis, hopefully they will get baptized the 27th of June.  It should be really cool.

I'm still wet :)  It seems like there is just enough time at night for things to dry out (kinda) and then the next day they get wet.  I liked the picture of Dallin and Ellie in the ponchos in the rain.  The other day I bought a Chilean poncho!  It's super cool.

This week went by really fast.  We had intercambios with the APs and then with Pucon.  It's cool to have Elder montiel in the same zone.  We get along a lot better this time around.

I can´t think of anything else to say so I asked my companion what else I could write and he reminded me!  We saw a dog that had an epileptic attack.  (I had to write that because I couldn't spell siezure?  My companion can´t remember either he just put convulsing :).  Lots of shaking.  It was crazy.

Well thats all

Love Elder Robertson

No comments:

Post a Comment