Called to Serve - Osorno, Chile

Elder Keenan Robertson is serving in the Osorno Chile Mission as a full time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Elder Robertson left on July 16, 2013 and will return sometime around July of 2015. Missionaries have a limited time to respond to all the E-mails and letters they receive so we will include here some of his letters home so that friends and family can keep up to date on how things are going for him and his ministry among the wonderful people of Chile.

Monday, June 22, 2015

June 22nd, 2015

Thats fine if we don`t go anywhere.  It will make it easier to start working faster and be able to work more.  I'm excited for this week.  We have some big plans.  Maria Jose is awesome.  We found out this week that her husband is probably going to start working in the mines up north.  He will be up there around 30 days and will be home 15.  That would be a crazy way to live but I guess he will make a lot more money.  She said that she is going to need the church a lot more, so that should be good.  She is going to be an awesome member some day.

There have been a couple of sunny days!  Haha, but now it's just freezing cold.  But it's better than the rain!  The zone has been progressing a lot!  It has been really cool to see the progression of all the missionaries.  At the beginning of the cambio we set some goals and we are almost reaching all of them.  I love being a missionary.  It's been a cool experience.  Don`t worry about me not working hard, i'll finish strong! :)  I`ve tried to give it my all everyday of my mission and be 100% obediente.  Part of me doesn't really want to go because I know I won't be able to do it again until I'm an old fart and I go with my wife! Haha, in like 100 years. 

I'm excited for this week it's going to be good.

Love Elder Robertson 




Last P-day we went to the house of Max and his parents.  The mom of Max, Marianela, taught us how to make bread.  It was really good.  We made ham and cheese sandwiches with the fresh bread.  I don't get how I haven`t gotten fat!




This is the selfie we took right before. 




I miss good food.  I bought this last P-day.  It was Awesome!!!!!!!!!!! Could we go eat lunch at Subway when I get home?




This is the first day it stopped raining.  The volcano was covered in snow!






This was a Noche de Hogar (Family Home Evening) we had with Max and his family.  After the lesson, we played a game called The Papa Se Quema or Hot potato.  You have to pass a ball around while one person says "la papa se quema, la papa se quema" over and over until he says, "la papa se quemò" and the person with the ball gets a mark on the face.  Haha, it's pretty fun!  I don't know if that made any sense but it's a really funny game. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment