Called to Serve - Osorno, Chile

Elder Keenan Robertson is serving in the Osorno Chile Mission as a full time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Elder Robertson left on July 16, 2013 and will return sometime around July of 2015. Missionaries have a limited time to respond to all the E-mails and letters they receive so we will include here some of his letters home so that friends and family can keep up to date on how things are going for him and his ministry among the wonderful people of Chile.

Monday, April 6, 2015

April 6th, 2015

Hey Fam!

Still haven't heard anything about cambios but I'm sure the A.P.s will call while I'm writing.  I think I will stay here with Warburton for another cambio and then I will go somewhere else my last cambio. 

Things have been good.  This week we helped the Hermanas Balboa and Andrade change houses.  It was good but it was the first day in four months it decided to rain!!!!  Haha.  So it was pouring rain the whole time we moved.  The weather has been pretty cloudy and rainy but it still hasn't been too bad. 

Conference was amazing!  I loved all the talks!!!  One of my favorite talks was by Ballard!  I got a personal interview with him!!!!!!  Haha.  Elder Holland's talk was also nice, it was a great story!  We watched the conference in Spanish so it was cool because we got to see the two talks in Spanish without a translator.  Elder Zeballos from Chile was good... All Chileans talk like that though, super-super fast :) 

I'm finishing up reading the Book of Mormon.  I'm starting Ether today so I think I will finish it by next week.  

Tomorrow I will be going to Panguipulli and so I hope the weather will be nice and I will be able to see the Volcano!  All your pictures were really good.  The Lunar eclipse looked cool!  And Dallin's cyst was big!!!  That's gnarly.

For UVU I'm thinking about Criminal Justice.  I might try and go federal.  Work for the Secret Service or the FBI but we will see.  For now you can put Criminal Justice down.  Thanks for doing all that paperwork. 

I don't know if you remember but I trained an Elder Marshall.  He had to go home a couple of weeks ago.  He had two stress fractures in his foot!  But he has plans to come back, he is a really cool missionary. 

Well, I think that's it, when I hear about cambios I'll tell you! :)

Love,
Elder Robertson 


We received this email a few minutes later:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, I'm totally going to Villarrica!  Haha.  My zone has the Volcano!  I'm taking so many pictures!!


So this will be the view of the volcano from Elder Robertson's new area.
Here is a link to the live webcam on the volcano: http://www.sernageomin.cl/villarrica.php

6ec18fd4868d348e37676105baddad0a.jpg (550×413)

No comments:

Post a Comment