Called to Serve - Osorno, Chile

Elder Keenan Robertson is serving in the Osorno Chile Mission as a full time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Elder Robertson left on July 16, 2013 and will return sometime around July of 2015. Missionaries have a limited time to respond to all the E-mails and letters they receive so we will include here some of his letters home so that friends and family can keep up to date on how things are going for him and his ministry among the wonderful people of Chile.

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

March 9th, 2015



So not much happened with the Volcano.  It was in the other Zone but it was still crazy for a little bit.  I never heard it or saw it.  The missionaries in pucon were evacuated.  The only elders in our zone that were taken out were in Panguipulli.  It wasn't too bad so everything went back to normal pretty quick.  I was bummed I didn't get to see it. 

This week was good.  We did intercambios with the the AP`s and then with a sector called San Jose.  It was a good week.  Romina gets baptized this week so I'm excited.  Her brother in law is going to baptize her.  It has been really fun teaching her.  We are working super hard so it's been awesome!  Me and elder Warburton are getting along great.

Sorry my emails are so short, haha, I don't know what to tell you.  I love my mission so much right now.  I feel like my whole mission I have been working my hardest but sometimes it hasn't been as effective as it could have been.  But I feel that while I am still learning tons, I am a lot more effective now than before.  I get home everyday so tired I can barely keep my eyes open.  I've realized that someday when I die and go before God he won't ask me how many baptisms I had, he will ask me if I gave it my all!  So that's what I'm trying to do!  I love the mission.

Love you Guys!!!
Elder Robertson

We were walking the other day and we passed by some members that had a sheep so we watched them kill it and clean it.  It was pretty cool; I was going to take a video of it all but it was pretty barbaric so I thought mom and Ellie wouldn't have liked it.  I didn't take a video but I took lots of pictures!  I got to help.  They said I can kill the next one! haha



Last p-day we were playing Handball and it started to rain.  It was awesome so we decided to keep playing and it became a downpour so we got soaked but it was fun!





We went to Valdivia today and it turns out they opened a new KFC in the Mall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) It was really good!




No comments:

Post a Comment