Called to Serve - Osorno, Chile

Elder Keenan Robertson is serving in the Osorno Chile Mission as a full time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Elder Robertson left on July 16, 2013 and will return sometime around July of 2015. Missionaries have a limited time to respond to all the E-mails and letters they receive so we will include here some of his letters home so that friends and family can keep up to date on how things are going for him and his ministry among the wonderful people of Chile.

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

February 9th, 2015



This week was pretty normal so that was good!  Saturday we went to San Jose.  The branch president there is going to build his house so we are going to help him!  We laid the wall of the foundation and it was tons of work! We left here at 8 in the morning and got back at 7 at night just in time for a family night.  It was lots of work but it was good just to turn the brain off and go to work!  I got fried.  I wore long socks and shorts so half of my calfs are bright red!  My neck got burned pretty bad too.  But it's not the worst sunburn I've had.  This week has been super hot! 

It's sad but we don't have a car.  It's all buses.  Elder Hilton goes home the 25th of February.  But his family is going to come pick him up.  He is going to go around the mission for like 2 weeks or something.  It's been an interesting cambio but I've learned a lot. 

I had a question.  Have you heard anything about school?  BYU or UVU?  I'm not too trunkie but just a little bit! :) haha 

We have found quite a few less actives recently so that has been good.  This time of year has been kinda hard because everyone goes on Vacation!  Nobody is home.  But I've been feeling the spirit pretty strong recently so that has been good.  There hasn't been lots of success but I'm working my hardest. 

This week is Zone Conference with president.  Our zone and the zone of Villarica will get together for the conference.  It was planned for Wednesday in Villarica.  So everything was good and it was almost all planned and everything but we just got a call from the AP´s telling us it's going to be Thursday here in our Zone!  Haha.  But nothing is set in stone yet so hopefully it will just be in Villarica.  I love conferences, they are awesome.  Pres. Obeso is awesome.

I totally forgot to send Dallin an email last week.  I don't know what I was thinking!  Tell him Happy Late birthday and Sorry that I didn't write him anything. 

Hope you guys have a great week!!! Work hard and go about doing lots of good! 

Love,
Elder Robertson

No comments:

Post a Comment