Called to Serve - Osorno, Chile

Elder Keenan Robertson is serving in the Osorno Chile Mission as a full time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Elder Robertson left on July 16, 2013 and will return sometime around July of 2015. Missionaries have a limited time to respond to all the E-mails and letters they receive so we will include here some of his letters home so that friends and family can keep up to date on how things are going for him and his ministry among the wonderful people of Chile.

Monday, February 23, 2015

February 16, 2015

The Zone Conference ended up being really good.  It was in Los Lagos in the end so it took lots of planning but everything worked out good.  The Conference was Thursday and the day before we did intercambios with the asistentes to president.  It was really good.  We had a really good week.  We taught a lot and we had 50 people in church.  That has been my goal since I have gotten here to Lanco.  We had two inactive members come back and so that was cool.  It was a really good Sunday!  We are sharing with this family that is really good!  It's a mom and her daughter.  The mom's name is Hna Pilar.  Hna Pilar is 100% active and loves the church.  She has a daughter that isn't baptised whose name is Romina.  If we can teach her everything her baptism will be in 2 weeks. 

When I worked on the house this time I wore sunscreen so that is a lot better.  haha

This week was pretty uneventful but we worked hard so that's good.  The conference with president was really good.  I learned lots.  President Obeso is an awesome person. 

Glad everything is going good at home.  I'm sure you'll get a calling in no time dad, no worries.  I think the calling that we always have and will have is strengthening those around us, in the family and the neighbors.  Home teaching is awesome I wish I would have done better with that.  Do you and Dallin have families?

I saw a quote the other day that I liked a lot "I never dreamed about success, I worked for it."  I think that's pretty cool.

Love you guys a ton.  Make sure you you do family scripture study and prayer!  Don't forget Family Night as well :) 

Love,
Elder Robertson



This is the house, we did all the cement walls and then we started filling it.  The next step will be to cover the inside with cement.  It has been fun to help out.

This is the group who worked on it.  Back row starting from the left is Daniel the son of President Yañez.  Then President Yañez (It's going to be his house).  Elder Llancoñanco, he is from Chile, Elder Hillen he is from Alaska.  He has been here in Chile for about a month I think, he is new.  Nobody else in his family is a member.  He got baptised a little over 3 years ago I think.  Bottom row from the left is Elder Warburton.  We are from the same group.  We have become pretty good friends.  Elder Garay is from Paraguay he is crazy but he is cool we get along really well.  And finally Elder Robertson by far the best looking one! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment