Called to Serve - Osorno, Chile

Elder Keenan Robertson is serving in the Osorno Chile Mission as a full time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Elder Robertson left on July 16, 2013 and will return sometime around July of 2015. Missionaries have a limited time to respond to all the E-mails and letters they receive so we will include here some of his letters home so that friends and family can keep up to date on how things are going for him and his ministry among the wonderful people of Chile.

Monday, January 5, 2015

January 5th, 2015

Going back to school must be super exciting! Ha ha It won't be too bad.  Maybe a job for assistant principal will open up!  That would be cool.

Football sounds awesome!  I'm glad the Colts won.  It seems like Andrew Luck is playing pretty good from what I've heard.  Broncos and Colts should be a good game!  We'll see what happens this year!  College Football sounds good, hopefully eventually they make the playoffs better but even this is better than before.  Oregon and Ohio State will be a good game.  I bet Oregon will win.

Brother Allred will be a good leader for the youth.  How many youth are in the ward now?

This week should be good.  Friday afternoon we have interviews with president Obeso.  It’s been super-hot here!  It’s hard to sleep at night because it just doesn't cool down!  Ha ha, I’ll try taking more pictures this week I just forget to do it!

I had a good birthday!  On Friday we had to go to Valdivia because I had to do Visa stuff!  So it’s kinda hard to explain because it’s a really long process but the mission office gave me my passport with the new visa in it late and so the police had to take my passport and everything and I have to go to Valdivia every single Friday to sign at the police station until they fix it. Ha-ha, it was pretty funny.  I’ll get a ticket too but the church will pay for it because it’s not my fault.  So that was funny and now we have to go to Valdivia every Friday!  But the good thing is there is a McDonalds in Valdivia!  So Friday, for an early birthday present, I bought McDonalds.  I think I will buy McDonalds every Friday!!!  

It was really great to talk to you!  I’m glad that everything is going so good!  I hope that you have the greatest week ever!

This week was cool; we had intercambios with the asistentes to the president and it was really good.  We learned lots.  We worked really hard this week and taught a lot.  I'm really excited for this upcoming week it should be good!!!!

Love you all!

These are pictures of Christmas.  The picture with President Obeso is the activity we had where we gave out Books of Mormon.  The other picture was us eating ice cream right after we Skyped.



 
 This is me and Beals in one of the many bus trips.  And the other picture is right before the New Year's Eve PARTY!  Ha-ha, just kidding, we had to be in the house by 9 on New Year's Eve.  But it was still good.

No comments:

Post a Comment