Called to Serve - Osorno, Chile

Elder Keenan Robertson is serving in the Osorno Chile Mission as a full time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Elder Robertson left on July 16, 2013 and will return sometime around July of 2015. Missionaries have a limited time to respond to all the E-mails and letters they receive so we will include here some of his letters home so that friends and family can keep up to date on how things are going for him and his ministry among the wonderful people of Chile.

Monday, March 17, 2014

March 17, 2014

This week was good. We worked with a ton of menos activos and one guy even got a calling! That was really cool!!!! The eye infection is gone so that’s good! I’ve been really healthy this week, it’s been great! That storm was crazy! It really seemed like everything was going to blow away! But it was cool. It was crazy walking in it. But with my new jacket, rain pants, and boots I’m waterproof! :) My boots work super good! I just pull my rain pants around my boots and cinch them so nothing gets in. I’ll take a picture next time I’m in my full Rain Battle Suit! :) We finally found Fabian he has just been working a lot. Erica and Sebastian are back but we haven’t had a cita with them yet, so I don’t know! We found some really cool people this week. We found this one lady named Edith; she is 28 and has a 1 year old baby. She is really cool and we went and blessed her house. It was really cool; it was my first house blessing! She didn’t come to church because her kid got really sick so that was a bummer. There isn´t a man in the house so we brought this guy named Ivan he was a missionary and a bishop. He is a really cool guy. Wow mom, your surgery sounds crazy! I’ll fast for you on Tuesday. Dallin was in a wreck! Ha-ha, oh dear. At least everyone is ok! How much will that cost him? I don´t know the Maybes they look cool! And really tall! Ha-ha, wow! That’s awesome you got a tie and tie pin from papa! I’ll use those a lot! And wow, his watch! That’s really cool, thanks. Definitely don´t send that! :) I like your idea about the talk. I’m reading in Alma and Helaman and I bet that what a lot of the Nephites thought was that they could just repent later until they were so lost they didn´t know they were so bad. And then they were destroyed! Don´t wait! I like it; that will be a good talk! Love you guys a ton!!!!! I’m all out of time. Sorry I didn´t send pictures again, my card reader doesn´t work sometimes! Love you! Elder Robertson

No comments:

Post a Comment