Called to Serve - Osorno, Chile

Elder Keenan Robertson is serving in the Osorno Chile Mission as a full time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Elder Robertson left on July 16, 2013 and will return sometime around July of 2015. Missionaries have a limited time to respond to all the E-mails and letters they receive so we will include here some of his letters home so that friends and family can keep up to date on how things are going for him and his ministry among the wonderful people of Chile.

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

March 10, 2014

I think I did take Pepto the night before I had black mouth!  That was probably it.  There isn't a doctor in my ward but there is a doctor in another ward.  My eye got a little infected so I was going to get prescription eye drops but it is pretty much gone so I don't need to. 

Fabian fell through, it would have been Saturday but we haven't talked to him for 2 weeks so hopefully when he gets back from vacation.  We still haven't been able to find Erica and Sebastian but they are back from vacation! Eventually we will find them.

This week was good we don't really have progressing investigators anymore so that sucks but, whatever.  We do a lot of walking around and knocking doors and talking to people in the street.  Saturday There was a massive storm it was crazy!  I'm pretty sure it was close to a hurricane.  All the streets were flooded and it was the strongest wind since i've been here!  But it was cool!  We had 6 lessons that day!  The weather has been really cold, especially at night, but I just wear a lot and I'm not cold at all.  I have been sleeping super good that last little bit!  It's been great.

Me gusta su español papa. Es super bueno. Fue chistoso en la calle un poco antes emailing, esos turistas nos preguntaron donde esta una calle y yo no pude hablar en Ingles!  Ingles no es fácil! Puedo sacar mas fotos del centro.  Vamos por el centro cada Lunes por p-day.  El centro es super bonito por que hay mucha plata.  Hay mucho gente de Europa en vacaciones.
(I like your Spanish dad.  It's super good.  It was funny, in the street a little before emailing, these tourists asked us where a certain street was and I couldn't speak English.  English is not easy!  I can take more pictures of the city center.  We go to the center every day for p-day.  the center is super pretty because there is a lot of money.  There are a lot of people from Europe on vacation.)  

Pretty cool story!  I don't need a jacket or rain pants anymore!  A guy in my ward had some super nice ones a missionary gave him years ago and they were too big so he gave them to me!  The brand is "REI" I've never heard of it but Elder Mcdonald says they are super expensive!  They are super awesome!

It's crazy how tired I am!  We have been walking so much!  And the wind has been crazy!  Ha-ha, It's kinda funny, it has been really super hard and frustrating but I'm happy and excited so I guess that's all that's important! 

And!!!!! I'm going to Torres del Paine!!!!!!!!! on the 24th!  I'm so excited!

Well I think that's all, not much happened this week.  Hopefully this will be a more exciting week so I can put more in my email.

¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡Les Quiero Muchísimo!!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment