Called to Serve - Osorno, Chile

Elder Keenan Robertson is serving in the Osorno Chile Mission as a full time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Elder Robertson left on July 16, 2013 and will return sometime around July of 2015. Missionaries have a limited time to respond to all the E-mails and letters they receive so we will include here some of his letters home so that friends and family can keep up to date on how things are going for him and his ministry among the wonderful people of Chile.

Monday, September 30, 2013

September 30, 2013

This week was really good; we started the week off awesome.  We taught a ton of lessons but by the end of the week it slowed down again.  We had six citas (appointments) Saturday and all of them fell through but one.  The one cita was really the only time we even talked to people.  It’s crazy ‘cause we probably contact 60 o(or) 70 houses in a day and probably talk to 5 o 6 people.  It’s crazy!  Our whole zone is struggling number-wise.  We don`t stop working though!  It would help if people listened a little more ha-ha.  Oh well, the lesson we had on Saturday was really awesome, it was with a menos activa (less-active) family.  It was awesome; I taught most of the lesson in half decent Spanish!  I realized I had been talking a ton so I stopped and looked at Elder Parsons so he could talk and he just said, “No, keep going!”  It was cool.  The spirit was cool ‘cause the lesson was really aw some and the spirit was strong and I don`t even know what I was saying most of the time!  Elder Parsons said it made sense though so that’s good.

I’m excited because I might get to watch conference in English!!!!!  Maybe I could get something out of it!  I’m guessing three temples in Utah!  President Monson is going to announce at least 20.  I`ve started working out a lot more rigorously in the mornings and it helps me feel way better throughout the day.  It’s starting to warm up so I’m hoping for basketball soon!

We had a super, super awesome lesson with our only real investigator ______ the beginning of the week and the spirit was so strong, his wife was in tears ‘cause she was bearing her testimony so much (she’s a member).  He was so close to accepting a baptism date but he just said, “someday elders, someday.”  We are working really hard with him.  This week we are going to focus on finding new investigators so I hope that goes well.  We teach a lot of menos activos and it’s been really good.  We usually have a few menos activos each week in church. The family I mentioned earlier has been coming a lot so that’s good.
The weather has been great here, still sunny!!!!  I smashed my finger good this week, that hurts quite a bit.  We chop wood for service a lot and it’s really fun.  Things are good here I’m starting to feel kinda healthy so hope I stay that way!  I’m pretty sure I’m definitely not going to gain weight ha-ha I always get a little sick after lunch and I don`t eat too much outside of that.  I’m excited, when I’m done emailing I’m going to go beat a bunch of elders at ping pong. :)

I think I’m going to buy vitamins, they are expensive but it will last almost a year.  I think vitamins will help just because I pretty much eat basically the same :) meat rice meat beans meat soup meat noodles and oil ha-ha.

For the fleas we just bought a bunch of spray, it’s called Tanex.  It’s like raid.  It worked pretty good.  They’re not nearly as bad.  Everything is super awesome we teach a lot of menos activos and a lot of them are starting to come back!!  Spanish is coming along really well.  I’m talking a lot more and that’s how I learn.  Tell everyone to keep sending emails I love reading them so much!!!!!  I’m just not good at responding.


Nos vemos!!! or in Chilean, No Vemo :)

No comments:

Post a Comment