Called to Serve - Osorno, Chile

Elder Keenan Robertson is serving in the Osorno Chile Mission as a full time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Elder Robertson left on July 16, 2013 and will return sometime around July of 2015. Missionaries have a limited time to respond to all the E-mails and letters they receive so we will include here some of his letters home so that friends and family can keep up to date on how things are going for him and his ministry among the wonderful people of Chile.

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

September 15th, 2014

Querido Familia,

Español es mucho mas fácil que Ingles :)  Es chistoso porque puedo pensar en Español y Ingles al mismo tiempo pero es muy difícil a hablar cuando yo esté pensando en los dos.  (Beloved Family, Spanish is much easier than English.  It's funny but I can think in Spanish and English at the same time but it is very difficult to talk when I am thinking in both.)  

I think I should be able to throw a good email together in English.  This morning has been a good p-day.  We played football and that was fun.  I love sports so much!  Thats awesome BYU's quarterback is doing so good!  I hope they keep winning! 

You should go elk hunting!  It would be cool.  Take some pics!!!!!

Things have been good.  This week was really slow.  It's hard because we don't have investigadores.  We have three people we kinda share with but not regularly so that's been hard but we are working hard and trying to find people.  It was funny because we moved a couch up to the second story in our house.  It was a super tight fit but after an hour we got it ha-ha.  I've been attacked by fleas, so that's been fun! :)  The other day I had 13 bites on my upper right arm!  The shoes I bought are really good.  They were really expensive but I will make them last.  Just keep sending me emails even when mine are lame. :) 

Claudio is still doing good!  It's cool to see how much he has changed.  We have a couple other people coming back to church so that's been good. 

That's awesome with the football game!  You got to see Elder Holland?!  Maybe they could give him some helmets and pads!  Then they`d win for sure!  Trevor is so awesome!  I hope he goes on a mission.

Thanks for the scripture, that's a good one!  It's one of my favorite chapters.  This morning for studies I read Moroni 10 and highlighted everything he invites or exhorts us to do!  It was a ton!  It's an awesome chapter.

Well thats all for now! Take care!!!!!!!  Try to get Trevor's email if you can and tell him I'm going to email him. 

Love 
Elder Robertson 

This is our district minus the office elders. 


I just think it's cool!!!



We had a family night with Fam. Lepin Saturday, it was super good.  They have a daughter in Santiago on a mission.  Lots of food!  This week is 18 I'm excited!!!!!! :)




We finally finished chopping wood!  It was a ton but it was good!  We did it for family Osorio.  I like chopping wood a ton.  It's a bummer it's summer soon.  I won`t be chopping too much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment