Called to Serve - Osorno, Chile

Elder Keenan Robertson is serving in the Osorno Chile Mission as a full time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Elder Robertson left on July 16, 2013 and will return sometime around July of 2015. Missionaries have a limited time to respond to all the E-mails and letters they receive so we will include here some of his letters home so that friends and family can keep up to date on how things are going for him and his ministry among the wonderful people of Chile.

Monday, May 5, 2014

May 5, 2014

Hey Fam!
Ok so first thing real quick. It snowed this morning! Ha-ha.  We were studying and it had been raining/slushing and the windows were pretty fogged up so you couldn´t see very well but it looked kinda like it was snowing so we ran outside and took some pics and videos!  Today is freezing cold!  Earlier we went to a museum...? Museo :) and it was pretty cool just really small!

Second thing!  Cambios!!!!!!  Crazy right?  It’s crazy!  This last month and a half went by super-fast!  I don´t remember April at all!  Elder Powell is going to Punta Arenas to be district leader and I’m getting a Chileno companion!  I think he is from my group but not sure and I can´t remember his name but I’ll be with him when we Skype.  Another cool thing is they are splitting the zone down here so there will be two zones in Punta Arenas!  Elder Parsons, my trainer, will be my zone leader!!  It will be cool to see him for a little bit.

Third Skype!  So with cambios we are going to Punta Arenas.  We leave tomorrow at 2 but the thing is Sunday is stake conference.  So we might stay in Punta Arenas until next Tuesday!  So it might be pretty crazy.  But nobody knows about stake conference here in the branch so if they have church we will go to church here so we would come back Thursday!  So pretty confusing right?  Yeah I’m confused too so we will see what happens.

So we have started sharing with the family that contacted us in the car the other day.  The dad’s name is Jorge and his wife is Lila and they have two kids, Jorge (7) and Natali (3 or 4) they are super cool.  They didn´t come to church this week because Natali was super sick so that was a bummer but they are really awesome and have been reading the Book of Mormon!  It’s awesome!  We have lots of people we are working with so I’m really excited about this next cambio we should have some baptisms!!

I talked to Aaron the other day and he got transferred to Martinique.  I don´t know if I spelled that right but it looks pretty tropical and awesome!

This week was pretty hard in the beginning but it ended really well!  Don´t worry about the packages, I’m doing ok! :)  If you haven´t sent it already I want a Liahona from conference if you could send me one! :) in English. :) Ha-ha

I can´t really think of anything else this week.  I’m glad everything is going better at home!  DALLIN HAS A NEW JOB??????  Ellie said something about it but I don´t know anything about this! Ha-ha

Love you guys a ton! :)

See you Sunday!

Elder Robertson


These are from the museum we went to:




No comments:

Post a Comment