Called to Serve - Osorno, Chile

Elder Keenan Robertson is serving in the Osorno Chile Mission as a full time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Elder Robertson left on July 16, 2013 and will return sometime around July of 2015. Missionaries have a limited time to respond to all the E-mails and letters they receive so we will include here some of his letters home so that friends and family can keep up to date on how things are going for him and his ministry among the wonderful people of Chile.

Thursday, July 25, 2013

July 16, 2013

Hey thanks Ellie! I made it OK, I'm at the MTC. The flight from SLC was awesome, we got above the clouds and it was super beautiful!! The flight to Mexico was scary cause of the turbulence and the landing was super rough. I had to check in my carry on cause there wasn`t room on the plane. It took them forever to get it to the luggage place so I thought they had lost it! I’m companions with elder Holt, there were 9 elders I was with and we are all going to Osorno. Holt seems like pretty cool guy I’m soooooo excited!!!!! Tonight I’m just unpacking and that’s all. I see the doctor tomorrow and then start all my classes. The MTC here is huge. So much bigger than what I thought! It’s like a university campus! The drive to the MTC was crazy mom, you`d die!! On a two lane road there were four cars side by side and cars were going every which way and I thought I drove fast! The bus driver was insane. :) It’s a pretty run down scary city but the MTC is awesome! It has like a ten foot wall around it with razor wire and armed guards all over outside! This place is a castle!!!....or a prison ;) jk it’s so great down here I love it so much! I think my p-day is on Tuesday but not sure, I'll email back as soon as I can! Love you tons!!

No comments:

Post a Comment